Meet Some of My Family...

My Great Uncle James Albin McLean sitting in the chair, and my great grandfather Edward Alexander McLean standing beside him.  






Joseph Bernard McLean and Edward Alexander McLean   

Last month, I "met" one of my cousins over email for the first time. She had been in contact with my Dad. The two of them shared a lot of genealogical information via the phone and mail. 

When I woke up this morning, she had posted the above photos to my facebook page. 

MaryAnn writes, 
"I'm the granddaughter of James Albin McLean. He was Kelly and Erin's great uncle. Their great grandfather was Edward Alexander McLean. James and Edwards brother was Joseph Bernard McLean. The 2 youngest James, and Joseph were
born in Alberton, Prince Edward Island, Canada. Edward Alexander McLean (Kelly and Erin's great grandfather was born in New Brunswick, Canada). We are not sure if the picture was taken in Prince Edward Island, Canada or in Boston, Massachusetts..."
 
How cool is that?!? They're quite the dapper men, aren't they?

These photos have me grinning from ear to ear.

Comments

Cat said…
Yes, they are quite dapper!! It's pretty exciting learning about our ancestors! My paternal grandfather has a book!! of all the Graves family since they originally settled in Connecticut and Massachusetts after coming over from England. Back in the time of Indian raids on the settlements! I don't know who has that book now but I am looking for it!!

Proving I am not a robot is getting harder and harder for me...I just came from Barb Smith's new blog, Melange,, and it took me 4 tries to get it right (including a try at audio which is even worse) but I am determined to say Hello to you. I am loving all your journal pages. Still envy your focal images!! I know you will work your way through everything you are dealing with...just keep getting it out there. Good communication starts with being honest with ourselves and you already have got that part down pat. Your complete honesty in all things is just one of the reasons
that you have such regular followers. You call 'em as you see 'em and there is nothing I respect more than that!!
Connie Lutz said…
Those are amazing photos - good for journal pages!

Popular Posts