What You'll Find Here

I post daily (photos of my journal pages, things that inspire me and personal bits and pieces) to inspire and encourage others. I have always believed that if I can do it, so can you.

You'll find resources (my favorite supplies, books, slideshows of my art journal pages, favorite bloggers, etc...) listed along the right hand side of my blog.

I've been teaching both in person and online workshops for almost twenty years now. You can find out more about my classes by scrolling down along the right hand side of my blog. I strive to make classes accessible to everyone (both beginner to advanced).

I love teaching and truly believe that deep down inside everyone is an artist, capable of creating something. There is power and knowledge in the act of creating something with your own hands, made from your own heart and head.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at EGorey99@sbcglobal.net

Thanks for stopping by!


Tuesday, August 07, 2012

15 July 2012 Journal Pages

Still unpacking and finding space in my home for the various things I brought back from my parents' home. I'm thinking of downsizing again. Books that need new homes. A new sewing machine I've used twice. Stuff like that. Having to sort through my parents' stuff has made me think again about what's important and what isn't. I have no problem getting rid of MY stuff (that said, I brought back a small bag of toys that I loved as a child and two stuffed animals. I may have seen Toy Story one too many times. I have three bags of stuffed animals in my closet. Art stuff I can get rid of. Quite easily. I've done it a zillion times. Toys from my childhood, not so much.) It's just making the time to do it. Baby steps.


eli said...

Kelly! I would gladly receive all your art stuff you want to get rid off hahaha!!

Marylinn Kelly said...

Kelly, I think the large events remind us that it is always baby steps. Occasionally we are lifted and set down far from where we started, but those times are rare - wonderful, rare - and mostly we proceed by increments, much time spent not knowing. For today, hold on to whatever speaks to you. No need to be hasty. xo

Taylor schapiro said...

I am loving your recent blog journal pages, but this one is my current favorite.

Nancy said...

Oh, no, no, no ... do not get rid of childhood toys.
There's so much I can rid myself of, but somehow, what I do have (dolls, books), nope, never getting rid of. Maybe I need to think of the "why", huh?