What You'll Find Here

I post daily (photos of my journal pages, things that inspire me and personal bits and pieces) to inspire and encourage others. I have always believed that if I can do it, so can you.

You'll find resources (my favorite supplies, books, slideshows of my art journal pages, favorite bloggers, etc...) listed along the right hand side of my blog.

I've been teaching both in person and online workshops for almost twenty years now. You can find out more about my classes by scrolling down along the right hand side of my blog. I strive to make classes accessible to everyone (both beginner to advanced).

I love teaching and truly believe that deep down inside everyone is an artist, capable of creating something. There is power and knowledge in the act of creating something with your own hands, made from your own heart and head.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at EGorey99@sbcglobal.net

Thanks for stopping by!


Thursday, March 22, 2012

What I'm Reading at the Moment

John O'Donohue's Anam Cara
Clarissa Pinkola Estes' Women Who Run With the Wolves and Untie the Strong Woman
Emitown 2 by Emi Lenox
Seth Apter's The Pulse of Mixed Media
Uppercase #12
Joy Wilson's Joy the Baker Cookbook
Frankie #45 (I bought this a week or two ago at Book Soup in Hollywood.)
Kinfolk #2 (I bought this last month at Anthropologie)

What are you reading right now? Any recommendations? I may pick up the new Anne Lamott book but I could hardly get through her last book (sadly), so I'm on the fence about it at the moment.

Don't forget that I have classes scheduled this weekend in So Pasadena as well as Los Angeles. More info here.
I hope to see you there!


Anonymous said...

John O Donohue is probably one of my favourite writers of all time.Whenever I need some comfort it is anam cara that I turn to. It is a shame he died so young. His book on belonging, Eternal Echoes it beautiful too. Love Karenxx

Kelly Kilmer said...

Thank you, Karen. I will look for that one.

Lori Wostl said...

Not heavy reading, but good stories...Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern and A Trick of the Light by Louise Penny - happy reading!

Mary Dean said...

He has several more recent books also. "Blessing the Space Between Us" and "Beauty." Love his books. Also, Clarissa Pinkola Estes=AWESOME! Great taste, Kelly! :)

Kelly Kilmer said...

Lori, "The Night Circus" is one of my favorites!!

Kelly Kilmer said...

Thanks, Mary Dean!!

sara said...

LOVE Anne! Which book did you not get through? I actually just got her newest book in the mail on Friday and I'm dang near done with it... It's SO GOOD - I'd recommend it if you read her previous book about Sam (Operating Instructions). It's really hit home for me since it's sorta the season of life I'm in/coming out of ... whew, she can be very heavy, but I do love her and her writing. she's got skills! (did you read extremely loud and incredibly close? i know it's been all the hype, but I read it ages ago and wow- that's a book I never wanted to end... I kept reading the last few pages over a period of a week because I didn't want to let go of the characters. pathetic, but true!) I'd recommend if you haven't read. I also really loved the time traveler's wife.