What You'll Find Here

I post daily (photos of my journal pages, things that inspire me and personal bits and pieces) to inspire and encourage others. I have always believed that if I can do it, so can you.

You'll find resources (my favorite supplies, books, slideshows of my art journal pages, favorite bloggers, etc...) listed along the right hand side of my blog.

I've been teaching both in person and online workshops for almost twenty years now. You can find out more about my classes by scrolling down along the right hand side of my blog. I strive to make classes accessible to everyone (both beginner to advanced).

I love teaching and truly believe that deep down inside everyone is an artist, capable of creating something. There is power and knowledge in the act of creating something with your own hands, made from your own heart and head.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at EGorey99@sbcglobal.net

Thanks for stopping by!


Sunday, January 01, 2012

31 December 2011 Journal Page

My last journal page of 2011. I started this as a demo page in class the other day. I finished it up last night while spending time with my in-laws.

One of the first things that I did this morning after taking a shower was to sit and spend some time in my journal. Art is always a good way to spend the first day of the New Year.

We had a nice visit today with my Father in Law, his wife, my sister in law, brother in law and nieces. It was a day of good food, a nice walk (over to Tivoli Bay), Christmas presents (my spoiled son!) and good conversation.

We ended the night visiting David's friend, Andrew, whom I always enjoy seeing. David has mentioned him on his blog and has a great interview with him from '79 on his blog.

We're leaving New York early tomorrow morning and heading back to Braintree. It's been a short visit but a good one...

1 comment:

sara said...

Happy Belated Anniversary, Friend. I admire your relationship and strive to have a similar one with my (older than me by 11 years!) husband. You're an inspiration! I hope that you are doing well and that you had a lovely holiday with your family. Hope to see you in Colorado soon!