What You'll Find Here

I post daily (photos of my journal pages, things that inspire me and personal bits and pieces) to inspire and encourage others. I have always believed that if I can do it, so can you.

You'll find resources (my favorite supplies, books, slideshows of my art journal pages, favorite bloggers, etc...) listed along the right hand side of my blog.

I've been teaching both in person and online workshops for almost twenty years now. You can find out more about my classes by scrolling down along the right hand side of my blog. I strive to make classes accessible to everyone (both beginner to advanced).

I love teaching and truly believe that deep down inside everyone is an artist, capable of creating something. There is power and knowledge in the act of creating something with your own hands, made from your own heart and head.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at EGorey99@sbcglobal.net

Thanks for stopping by!


Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas Presents

David's presents to me, a curated selection of some of his favorite books (except Modern Vintage which has been on my wishlist since I first laid eyes on it. There are pictures of Nathalie Lete's house, people!!) I can't wait to spend a few lazy days reading. Alas, those lazy days will have to wait as Boston and the family awaits!

I wanted to say thank you again to all of you who gifted money, forwarded links or just sent good thoughts to M and the kids. We raised over $600, enough money to pay the heating bill and for essentials like diapers. My sister is meeting up with her tomorrow to give her everything. M has no idea. I wish that I could be there but we want her to have the money before it gets too late in the day. What a Christmas surprise it will be!!! I know that it is a very tough time for a lot of folks right now so when I say *thank YOU*, I really and truly mean that. Thank you.

I hope that everyone is having a wonderful Holiday season. I know that in this time of hustle and bustle we can easily stress out and forget the little things. Try to slow down, smile and laugh more. Hold doors open for people behind you. Say hello to a stranger. In other words, stop and remember the love that this time of year (and all year) should be about.

And don't forget, go make some art.


PaperPumpkin said...

Happy travels, Kelly! Thank you for the gift of giving, to M and her family! Kath

Cheryl said...

God bless and keep you and your family.

~Barb~ said...

Be safe as you travel to Boston enjoy your time there with family. Happy Holidays!
Much Love,

Kitten said...

Merry Christmas to you & yours, Kelly! Have safe travels & enjoy your time in Boston.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas,Kelly. thank you for being a Christmas elf and giving us a chance to give. You are right it is all just about Love!
missy from the bayou

Dawn D. Sokol said...

Merry Christmas and safe travels, Kelly! Glad M and her family are going to have a Merry Christmas! :)