What You'll Find Here

I post daily (photos of my journal pages, things that inspire me and personal bits and pieces) to inspire and encourage others. I have always believed that if I can do it, so can you.

You'll find resources (my favorite supplies, books, slideshows of my art journal pages, favorite bloggers, etc...) listed along the right hand side of my blog.

I've been teaching both in person and online workshops for almost twenty years now. You can find out more about my classes by scrolling down along the right hand side of my blog. I strive to make classes accessible to everyone (both beginner to advanced).

I love teaching and truly believe that deep down inside everyone is an artist, capable of creating something. There is power and knowledge in the act of creating something with your own hands, made from your own heart and head.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at EGorey99@sbcglobal.net

Thanks for stopping by!


Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Journal Page in Progress

I started this page a couple of weeks ago as a demo in one of my new classes (Musings). I always stress to students to experiment with new ideas in class and then go home and see how much further you can push a page. There's never a "wrong" way of doing something only a different way of approaching and finishing it! I'll show you the finished page soon.

All prepped, packed and ready for my Frenzy Stamper classes this weekend. I'm leaving in the morning and will be blogging on the road.

Have a great week!


laurie said...

i hope you have a great time here in arizona. i'm sorry i will miss seeing you but hope to catch you the next time you visit.

your page is so captivating. where do you get all your materials? i'm lucky if i get one piece of ephemera down on a journal page!

Kelly Kilmer said...

Hi Laurie,

Sorry to miss you this trip! Hopefully February! ;)

Which materials? Collage supplies? I mostly use books and magazines that I pick up any and everywhere. Other things I post on my blog when I buy goodies. I try to support mom and pops I find in my travels. Debbie at Frenzy Stamper has a lot of my fave goodies.

I limit myself when choosing supplies to work from. I work from a bag of goodies. I'll try to take some journaling in the hotel shots this weekend.

The layering comes with practice. ;)

Fran aka Redondowriter said...

Hope your class is a great success. My weekend is so busy I won't be able to poke my head into the RSC in Carson this weekend.