23 September 2011 Journal Page

On the above page, I used found images via books and magazines. Lately I've noticed myself hoarding more book and magazine pages than store bought papers. Don't get me wrong, I love paper in all forms, it's just interesting seeing what I reach for when I go to create a journal page.

I've mentioned this before but I always encourage people who buy paper to tear the paper in half as soon as possible. Put one half aside for "now" and the other half aside for "later". It makes the paper not so precious and you'll end up using it (at least half of it) as opposed to just hoarding it.

Scrapbook paper: I cut in half.

Parent sheets of paper: I fold into quarters and use a 1/4 of it now. Folding your paper doesn't hurt it even if you plan on making books from it. It also makes storage a lot easier.

How do you store your paper? If you post a photo to your blog, please leave a comment with a link! I'd love to see!! Thanks!

Comments

Monica said…
Store all paper in a drawer and magazine tear outs in a 3 ring binder and folders in another drawer. The drawers are a mess as it grew faster than planned.
Shelley Whiting said…
Very cool. Love the way you integrated the text and the collage. Beautiful stuff.

Popular Posts