What You'll Find Here

I post daily (photos of my journal pages, things that inspire me and personal bits and pieces) to inspire and encourage others. I have always believed that if I can do it, so can you.

You'll find resources (my favorite supplies, books, slideshows of my art journal pages, favorite bloggers, etc...) listed along the right hand side of my blog.

I've been teaching both in person and online workshops for almost twenty years now. You can find out more about my classes by scrolling down along the right hand side of my blog. I strive to make classes accessible to everyone (both beginner to advanced).

I love teaching and truly believe that deep down inside everyone is an artist, capable of creating something. There is power and knowledge in the act of creating something with your own hands, made from your own heart and head.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at EGorey99@sbcglobal.net

Thanks for stopping by!

-Kelly

Thursday, September 08, 2011

2 September 2011 Journal Page

The good news is day two of high school was better than day one. Yay, Tristan!!!

The bad news is I don't have the blog post ready that I wanted to post today. I hope to have it for tomorrow. It's a mini post on a new set of pens comparing them to similar pens on the market. Do you need them? That'll be up to you to decide.

I also will be announcing my No CA (Oakland) classes on Monday. On Tuesday, I'll have my line up of November classes for Frenzy Stamper in Scottsdale. Yay!

I really like the layers in the above page. The blue is a photo of a sky ripped from a book. There are also layers of tissue, tape, doodling, stickers and more. Yes, I am a sentimental fool but at least I am an honest one!

Because I feel like it:

Recommended Books: Lisa Goldstein's The Dream Years

Films: The Ghost and Mrs. Muir (yeah, the Rex Harrison version, not the tv version.) It's always been one of my favorites.

TV Shows: Burns & Allen (yeah, the same set up every episode but damn, were they funny.)

Recommended Breakfast: Greek Yogurt (tomorrow I am trying the non-fat kind) with granola and a ton of strawberries.

Recommend Dessert: Trader Joe's Vanilla Ice Cream (and add strawberries to it! Yum!)

I am still looking for a good book on vegan or raw food breakfasts.

Any books, film, etc... recommendations?

4 comments:

lisa_crofts said...

Eating without heating bu sergei and valya boutenko has a lot recipes that appropriate for breakfast. Check the other books by the boutenko famiky. I had the pleasure of hearing sergei speak and he is a great advocate for raw food living

Sharon said...

OMG! LLove the Ghst and Mrs Muir. Didn't know they had a remake. They are never the same. Still crossing fingers about Oakland.

Desert Mermaid said...

Film recommend:
The Adjustment Bureau - Matt Damon

I watched it with my mom and brothers 2 weeks ago, and dang if I haven't been able to stop thinking about it, the whole premise of it.

jane eileen said...

Jeane's mom said...
Excited for classes in November!