What You'll Find Here

I post daily (photos of my journal pages, things that inspire me and personal bits and pieces) to inspire and encourage others. I have always believed that if I can do it, so can you.

You'll find resources (my favorite supplies, books, slideshows of my art journal pages, favorite bloggers, etc...) listed along the right hand side of my blog.

I've been teaching both in person and online workshops for almost twenty years now. You can find out more about my classes by scrolling down along the right hand side of my blog. I strive to make classes accessible to everyone (both beginner to advanced).

I love teaching and truly believe that deep down inside everyone is an artist, capable of creating something. There is power and knowledge in the act of creating something with your own hands, made from your own heart and head.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at EGorey99@sbcglobal.net

Thanks for stopping by!

-Kelly

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A view from my unmade bed...

We cleaned and moved things for hours yesterday. We endured a surprise peeping tom (a worker, working in another apartment cupped his eyes to our front window and looked in as I was cleaning the window on my pjs). Several trips to the recycle and trash bin, more bags to donate, boxes of books to sell, I declared, "I'm done for the day!" around 7 p.m. and hit the shower.

Shortly after that, I decided that I needed to do one thing that would make me happy, so I lovingly stacked my little Japanese books next to my bed. I can't read a word of these books but how much I love them so...

Today, I will be tackling the pile that you can't see (my table) and the pile that you can see! With the area against the window done, I am beginning to see the light!

5 comments:

Margie said...

Go Kelly! Hugs, Margie

melle said...

What kind of jerk just peers in through windows? Ugh!

Sandy said...

I bet you will be so glad when you're done but it will feel so much better when it's over.

I would have raised the window and hit him with whatever was closest.

Sharon said...

Doesn't it just feel good to just change things up alittle once in a while? Too bad you are being forced to do it!

Lori Wostl said...

I love to read about OTHER people cleaning and organizing LOL! I wear industrial strength cleaning pajamas-this might work in your 'hood too! Hang in there.