6 September 2010 journal page

Who says that doodling has to be just for kids, or even just for girls? Dawn Sokol's new book, Doodle Diary is the perfect size book for your on the go art moments. It's fresh. It's colorful. It's inspiring. It's inexpensive. It's a fun little book that you can toss in your purse with a small handful of favorite pens and work on it while you are in line at the post office, at lunch, waiting for a movie to start, etc... I know what my nieces will be receiving for Christmas! My only complaint is that it's Doodle Diary for girls...hopefully a book for boys will be next on the list. :) (UPDATE: Dawn says that there WILL be a book for boys in 2011. Yes!) In the meantime, my copy is in my purse along with a tiny set of $2 gel pens from Dick Blick. Guess who's been having fun with art on the go? My plan is to use the book now as is and then cut it up later to reuse it later in my regular art journal!


Blog Love:
I can't wait for this book to come out!
Salmon and stripes
Naomi Ito
Tiny mail love
Funny how I don't like to eat mushrooms, but how much I love looking at them...
Art bag envy
A glimpse at the Exquisite Book
I love the garlands
Paper dresses
Jane, you ignorant slut made me laugh...read the comments, too.
Kisses to you!

Yumminess to make and savor.

Comments

donna!ee said…
just wondering when you will be adding a little somethin' somethin' to your etsy shop??? ;)
Dawn D. Sokol said…
Thank you, Kelly!!! YES, there is a book for boys coming out in fall 2011, tentatively titled Doodle Sketchbook: Art Journaling for Boys!!!
Kelly Kilmer said…
Maybe soon... :) I've been focusing more on the classes and less on the selling on etsy :) Soon...
Melissa said…
how on earth do you find all of these links?! hahaha
jane eileen said…
Jeane's mom said...
Wait. If you really want an art bag like that, we can make it happen. Really. Check your email.

Popular Posts