What You'll Find Here

I post daily (photos of my journal pages, things that inspire me and personal bits and pieces) to inspire and encourage others. I have always believed that if I can do it, so can you.

You'll find resources (my favorite supplies, books, slideshows of my art journal pages, favorite bloggers, etc...) listed along the right hand side of my blog.

I've been teaching both in person and online workshops for almost twenty years now. You can find out more about my classes by scrolling down along the right hand side of my blog. I strive to make classes accessible to everyone (both beginner to advanced).

I love teaching and truly believe that deep down inside everyone is an artist, capable of creating something. There is power and knowledge in the act of creating something with your own hands, made from your own heart and head.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at EGorey99@sbcglobal.net

Thanks for stopping by!


Sunday, August 23, 2009

Journaling on the road

I haven't been spending as much time as I want to on my journal pages while I'm visiting family. I have, though, managed to work in my journal, in some way, every day.

I've been doing the collage pages the day before and then writing in them the next day. I haven't been working with a ton of stuff. I've been trying to limit myself to stuff on hand, though I did dip into my new rubber stamps.

My must haves-
collage ephemera (I filled a small plastic iris case with collage stuff-images, background papers and stickers)
glue sticks-coccoina is my favorite
a couple of favorite pens (see the list on the right)
tape (a few rolls) (see the list on the right)

When I'm limited to what I can carry, I bring a glue stick, the little plastic iris photo case with collage stuff, a couple of pens and my journal).

You don't need a ton of stuff to be able to express yourself in your journal and document life on the go!


MoominMama said...

I really like this post, I've only just come across the whole idea of art journaling and am very excited to start my own. It's very heart-warming to read that I don't need to go out and buy lots of fancy things to get myself going.
Looking forward to getting going with what I have and then building up my collection of 'stuff'.

Sandy said...

Beautiful spread. I love the sticker in the upper right hand side. And the colors look great together. You're so right, you don't need a lot to journal. I need to start back up, I miss it so much.

Stampmaiden said...

Hi Kelly! Great ideas on which basic journaling tools are a must and how to carry them around. Thanks!

Seth said...

A good reminder that one doesn't really need that much to get their page on!!