March 9, 2009 journal pages

I finished my journal last night...I'll be showing you the last of the pages over the next few
days. It's always a weird thing to end a journal and move on to another one. It's invigorating,
yet it's like saying goodbye to an old friend. Cliche, I know, but true. It is a very fulfilling feeling though to hold a finished book, made and filled by your own hands. The new journal I made yesterday is BIG. It's easy for me to work BIG and small sizes push me. I'm a big fan of 'mixing it up' and changing journal sizes every now and then. I really feel that it does give me a little kick in the pants every now and then.

*****
On top of my huge pile of books right now is a book I read several years ago that my eyes happened to fall upon last night-
The Passion Dream Book by Whitney Otto. LOL, I always want to call it the Pillow Book for some reason I get that stuck in my head instead and people look at you kinda funny when it comes out of your mouth.

***
Audrey Niffenegger fans rejoice! Her new book comes out in September. The Time Traveler's Wife is, hands down, one of my most favorite books of all time. I. Can't. Wait.

Comments

Mary S. Hunt said…
your work is so striking!
Anonymous said…
Kelly:

I love your pages!!..I am so enjoying your class and am going to try and post some of my journal pages this weekend seeing we are already half way through with March.
I am stoked about this new book by Audrey N. I loved the "Time Traveler!!" I did not know this info!!
Once last thing..know you are a Pogue fan...another pretty good group..the Script(another Irish band)..check out the song "The Man who can't be Moved" on You Tube.
Enjoy,
Amy
Sandy said…
I love your pages of course. I love this size and can't wait to see the new size you made.

I'm so excited about Audrey Niffenegger's new book. I just read The Time Traveler last year and loved it. So excited. Thanks for keeping us up to date about the cool books.
Anonymous said…
Bc you raved about The Time Travelers Wife on your blog a few months ago I picked it up off my bookshelf and read it - LOVED IT!!!! I had picked it up at a used book sale bc I was intrigued by the title and when I read what it was about, I was a little put off bc it just sounded weird but I'm so glad I read it and I'm recommending it to all my friends. Those characters just get into your head. I'm still thinking about Henry two months after I read it. Thanks for recommending it!
Renee said…
I'm with you on the time travellers wife. So wonderful.

xoxoxo

Popular Posts