What You'll Find Here

I post daily (photos of my journal pages, things that inspire me and personal bits and pieces) to inspire and encourage others. I have always believed that if I can do it, so can you.

You'll find resources (my favorite supplies, books, slideshows of my art journal pages, favorite bloggers, etc...) listed along the right hand side of my blog.

I've been teaching both in person and online workshops for almost twenty years now. You can find out more about my classes by scrolling down along the right hand side of my blog. I strive to make classes accessible to everyone (both beginner to advanced).

I love teaching and truly believe that deep down inside everyone is an artist, capable of creating something. There is power and knowledge in the act of creating something with your own hands, made from your own heart and head.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at EGorey99@sbcglobal.net

Thanks for stopping by!

-Kelly

Monday, February 16, 2009

last of the journal pages from this book...

Just a couple more to go...I'm actually done with the journal. I have a new one bound and ready to go that I am itching to work in. I am very happy and thankful that it's supposed to rain today and that it's a holiday-yay!!!! Time to work and play-yay! AND a day to stay indoors and in my pjs. Double yay!I bought the coolest book tonight at Family on Fairfax. It was in the back in the 50% off bin. I couldn't resist and almost squealed (yes, I'm that much of a geek). It's called KATJA TUKIAINEN WORKS. Originally $45 marked down to $22.50. Very happy, indeed!
*****
Last night I was reading Cartoon Brew and they were talking odd thermometers that are tied in to cartoon characters. Of course I have to read the comments and one comment says that the funniest tie-in is the hello kitty vibrator.
Of course I had to go google that and holy shit-how funny is that?
AND there are pictures to boot-not of anything gross just the vibrator AND it says 'i heart hello kitty' of course you do
! My fave is the picture of the woman using it as a shoulder massager...sure...Yup. Gotta love weird merchandise and who in their right mind would think "I've got it-a Hello Kitty vibrator!". What's even funnier is that David asked if the Hello Kitty stores sold it and I said "HELL-O Kitty!" and Tristan cracked up. He has no idea what the hell we talking. "What's so funny?" "I'll tell you in a few more years..." Wouldn't that be funny if they sold it in the stores? Right between the stickers and bed pillows.

6 comments:

Shoshanah said...

i ran across that on amazon the xmas before last. it was too spendy to give as a gag (er...sorry) gift. i love hello kitty, but i don't LOVE hello kitty. not enough to take it to the next level, anyway!

Jeane Frizzell said...

Who approved this idea and better yet who is the target audience? Would a parent really buy this for their kid to use as a neck massager? Funny!

Nancy said...

OMG ... a Hello Kitty vibrator??? What will they think of next? *lol*

Great pages, as always!

Sandy said...

Love the pages and I'm just not going to get that personal with Hello Kitty. I don't know her that well......LOL Too funny.

Marie-Aimée said...

it's absolutely fantastic !!!! all ideas, thanks a lot and sorry for my bad english

Artzy Diva said...

I have to admit, I knew about the Hello Kitty vibrator before reading this post! Not from personal experience, mind you, just from a conversation a while back with a group of rowdy women!!!

Yeah, I gotta wonder who came up with that one. I'd love to see it in between the stickers and note paper!!!! That'd be a freakin' hoot!!!!