What You'll Find Here

I post daily (photos of my journal pages, things that inspire me and personal bits and pieces) to inspire and encourage others. I have always believed that if I can do it, so can you.

You'll find resources (my favorite supplies, books, slideshows of my art journal pages, favorite bloggers, etc...) listed along the right hand side of my blog.

I've been teaching both in person and online workshops for almost twenty years now. You can find out more about my classes by scrolling down along the right hand side of my blog. I strive to make classes accessible to everyone (both beginner to advanced).

I love teaching and truly believe that deep down inside everyone is an artist, capable of creating something. There is power and knowledge in the act of creating something with your own hands, made from your own heart and head.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at EGorey99@sbcglobal.net

Thanks for stopping by!


Wednesday, December 03, 2008

More pages from "Reclaimed" An Altered Book

I am two pages away from the end of this book...I'm eager to finish it and start another book (always another idea brimming in my brain it seems), yet it will be sad to say good bye to this book and move on. Here are two pages I've recently done:I made a pocket (on the right side) using the wrapping paper from a gift: :)I stopped by Dick Blick armed with my 40% off coupon yesterday looking for a couple of things. I found two things (one thing Tristan "bought" me for Christmas) and the other thing was on sale. I haven't tried them yet, but am eager to: I will let you know how they are...
Last night, I was listening to Michael Slate's show via podcast and they had the story on about Addie Polk. You can read her story here. I had to do a journal page about it and document it (the page above with the hand/flower and the word strong).

We lost another great voice. Odetta died yesterday.

No comments: