ANNOUNCEMENT: ONLINE CLASSES!!!!

I'll be starting a brand new venture on January 1st!! I am VERY excited about it!!!!!!A Prompt A Day: Online Mixed Media Art Journaling classes

For $25 each month, you will receive a prompt a day. I've set up a special page just for the group! Starting January 1st through January 31st, I will post (to the site, open to students only) a prompt of the day. Each prompt will contain a supply list and detailed instructions on how to make at least ONE journal page a day. I will also demonstrate how I followed the prompt by showing pictures of my own page a day along with the prompt.

At the end of each month, each paid student (for that month) will receive a file via email of the whole month's worth of class documents (photos and instructions).

The idea of this project is to inspire you to create something daily! It's like taking a class with me but receiving one prompt a day!

You don't need a lot to do this. If you've been following my blog, you have an idea of the work that I do. If you've taken a class with me, you know my style! I like to give my students an idea to make a page and then I love seeing how everyone translates that idea to make it their own!

This is a new venture for both my regular students and brand new students!! It's open to everyone from beginner to advanced.

Basic supplies are:
A Journal
PVA bookbinding adhesive OR Gel Medium (I like Soft Gel Gloss) or even a glue stick (I like coccoina, avery, scotch-anything labeled permanent). In my journal, at home, a glue stick is my adhesive of choice!
Acrylics-my basic colors are Hansa Yellow Medium (or Azo yellow medium), Quinacridone Magenta, Phthalo Blue, Titanium White, Paynes Grey, Titan Buff and Burnt Sienna-with these colors you can make any color (I like Nova Color but whatever your favorite brand is, will do.)
Gloss or polymer Medium (mix 50/50 with your paints to "extend" them and make them last longer. Do not buy what they label extender as that extends the drying time)
1" chip or bristle brushes
a few favorite pens-mine are: Sakura gelly roll glaze, Sakura Souffle, Latte and sweets pens, Zig Vellum and Writer pens, Faber Castell Pitt Pens (brush stroke, black), Sharpie Poster Paint pens (water based), Micron pens, uniball signo...you do not need all of these! Just a pen that will write on paint and paper!
water container
waxed paper
paper towels or old rags
bone folder
scissors
metal ruler
Paper ephemera-collage papers for background and focal, images

Also, please note, I do not want you to have to go buy anything for the class. Use what you have. If you do not have these specific colors of paint, use what is in front of you: Yellow, Red, Blue, etc.. You will get a different look but I really want to stress using what you already own and what's in your studio (or closet, or art bag or wherever you work from!)

You will be able to upload your own photos of the pages that YOU create from the prompts. There is a discussion forum where you can ask questions and talk to other group members.

I am always available to answer your questions and to help!

The prompts and ideas I give lend themselves to a variety of media: canvas, atcs, art journal pages, artist books, cards, altered art and MORE.

This is all NEW material. Even if you've taken every single one of my 300+ mixed media classes, this is something new. You will get new ideas and techniques!

Interested? Use the button below! Questions? Drop me an email at EGorey99@sbcglobal.net

Sign ups start NOW. Class starts January 1st. I do not pro-rate classes. They are on a month by month basis only beginning the first of each month (at $25 a month). You can sign up for the month of January any time before the end of January (please note: if you sign up late in January and you want to start a new month, please note that with your payment and I will not log you in for January but for the month you request). You do not have to do exercises on a daily basis either. You can log in and do the exercises at your own leisure. Remember, at the end of the month you will receive a email file of the whole month's prompts, techniques and photos of my samples to print out and save (please play nice and do not share. Please only use for personal use. :) Thanks.)

No refunds after January 1st. Thanks.

Once you've signed up, I will personally send you an invite to join the group. You have to sign into the group (using your own information: email address and create a password, etc..). It's up to you, if you lurk and stay anonymous or if you want to fully participate.







Comments

Anonymous said…
Jeane's mom wrote: Wow! This sounds exciting! I am so proud of you for getting this big thing off the ground, and I wish you all the luck in the world with it.
Karenann Young said…
I'm all signed up and I'll be ready to go for the New Year!!!! I can hardly wait!!!! Thanks TONS!!!!!!!
Sandy said…
WHOOOOHOOOOO

I'm in. I just sent you my payment. I'm so excited. Can you tell? LOL

I'm so glad you are doing this. I can't wait.
Anonymous said…
Go Kelly! Go Kelly! Congrats and thanks for going high tech! :) I gotta go sign up.
Stephanie
kat said…
i just signed up too. is it january 1st yet......
Anonymous said…
WOW Kelly - this is great! I just signed up and can't wait to see what you have planned. Thanks for pulling this together for those of us that do no live close to participate in your classes!! Hugs.
lynne h said…
this is awesome, kelly! i wish you ALL the best in this wondrous new venture!! xxoo
Anonymous said…
Oh, now I don't have to wait for Art Unraveled! Maggie
Cece Cormier said…
Looking forward to jump starting some art for the new year. Thank you.
I just signed in ;-) I look forward too this clas. Sorry about my english - hope you understand. Love from Marianne in Norway

Popular Posts