Add this to your book shelf...

A River of Words by Jen Bryant and illustrated by Melissa Sweet
I Love, love, love this book. It's on the NY Times best illustrated books of 2008 list. They also gave it a glowing review. I bought it because I love Melissa Sweet's artwork. I've bought things over the years of her art: a deck of cards, a set of wall hangings, etc... Check your local bookstore for it. If they don't have it, they should. If you don't have it, you definitely want to check it out.

There's also always the local library who should have a copy of this wonderful inspiring book about the life of the poet William Carlos Williams.

Kilmer Movie of the week: Kind Hearts & Coronets. We found a used copy in our travels this past week and picked it up ($7, couldn't leave it there!!). Tristan is on a total Star Wars kick. I kept pointing out Alec Guinness in the beginning and Tristan would ask "Obi Wan?" I'd yell, "NO! Alec Guinness!" Guinness is probably rolling over in his grave.

And I can't get this song out of my head, so I thought I'd pass it along to you:


Comments

Popular Posts