My Frida Book...

I promised you guys I would show you My Frida book this weekend, here it is, what I've done so far:I'm filling this with memories from my trip to San Francisco MOMA to see the Frida Kahlo exhibit the last weekend in September. I've been obsessed with making these books...I've made a few to sell. It's nice to spend a little bit of time on one for me. :) I'm still working on it slowly but surely. Art can be good therapy...

*****

Some things I wanted to ramble about before I forget-

Oh boy, did you know that there was a limit on the number of blogs that you can "follow" on google? I, um, quickly found out. 200. Now I'm just adding them straight into my google reader. Obsessed? No. Addicted? No. Just in love with blogs. :)

***

The weather has really cooled down this weekend. I am a 60's/70's weather girl. Anything higher then 80 is too hot. :) I baked banana bread earlier and the apartment still smells yummy. We walked to Barnes & Noble at the Grove (just for the walk). The Santa Anas are in full swing. My favorite shoes broke on the way up the escalator. I knew they were on their way out but didn't expect it so fast. Fun walking home with a broken strap. Eeps. Gotta find a good cobbler. I have two pairs I wear all of the time and they are both in need of fixin'!

***

What is up with idiots putting train horns on their cars?!?!?! I'm tired of hearing them constantly the last few days.

***

Anyone else really pissed that Mary Engelbreit's Home Companion is ceasing publication after the December/January issue. Damnit!

***
I love this journal.

***
Spending this weekend prepping for my classes next weekend at Stampers Warehouse in Danville, CA. I'm really looking forward to it. If you know anyone in No CA who is interested in mixed media, bookbinding, collage, scrapbooking, etc... please pass the word around and tell them to sign up asap!!

Photos and class info here.
To sign up, please contact Stampers Warehouse:
(925) 362-9595

Comments

Dawn D. Sokol said…
I didn't know that about Home Companion! I can't believe it! That publication's still doing really well, I thought anyway...I'm glad I hadn't renewed my subscription yet...thanks for the heads-up!
OOOooooh! I have been waiting to see this. It is gorgeous and does Frida justice. I want to do a Frida project too! Not sure whether to do a journal or an altered book or what?!
Sandy said…
I LOVE your Frida book. It is awesome! Did I mention I LOVE it? Just wanted to repeat that. You did a great job on it.

I didn't even know you could follow blogs on google. LOL I haven't figured out how to do a lot with my blog. I do read a lot of blogs but I just bookmark them in my favorites.

And train horns on cars? Oh I hope that doesn't make it to Louisiana. It would drive me nuts. I can barely deal with the loud thumping music that goes by the house.

I can't believe Mary Engelbreit's magazine is not going to be published anymore. I love that magazine. How sad.

I love that journal too.

Have fun with your next class, I know you will.

Hope you find someone to fix your shoe. I did a bookstore run last night myself. Did way too much damage. Had to have something to read though. LOL

Take care.
HOME is ceasing to exist??! No... booohooo.
Love this journal! Fab!!
Did you get my email??
Maija said…
Shit- I didn't know that about Home Companion....
Your Freda book rocks!
Anonymous said…
This is beautiful, Frida is always an inspiration. Love the vibrant colours and embellishments.
Anonymous said…
Kelly, your Frida book is fabulous. I also went to SFMOMA to see the exhibit and I was blown away by her work.
OMG, how can ME stop her magazine? That is one of my favorite inspirational mags. Ugh!
Good luck with your class. Wish I lived closer so I could attend. Take care.
I'm sad, dissapointed, and even a llittle mad that Home Companion is ceasing publication. This is the first I'd heard of this ... and just when I was getting ready to subscribe again!! I've read HC off and on over the years, but decided some time ago that I had too many subscriptions and needed to catch up on many unread issues before I brought more magazines into the house. I hope they reconsider!
Also wanted to mention that I was in Stamper's Warehouse for the very first time on Saturday (10/11). I was disappointed in their selection of stamps! They didn't have ANY crow or star stamps (my favorites), and only one complete alphabet set (my addiction). I was especially looking for a set of tiny numbers to go along with my several sets of tiny alphabet stamps.
crimsoncat05 said…
I LOVE your Frida book!! and that soul collage card class looks like a neat one; too bad I'm not closer!

bummer about the ME magazine; I thought it was still doing good, too?!?

(and thanks for visiting my blog now and then, on your way thru your super-huge list!!)
Kelly Kilmer said…
Hi Tana,

Stampers Warehouse is going through hard times (like most Mom & Pop businesses right now). They've always been one of my most favorite stores to shop at...always finding new treasures there! I'm looking forward to teaching there this weekend!

Kelly

Popular Posts