Two new pages-
The Frida one isn't finished. I LOVE the circle stamps. They are brand new debuting September 6th from Paperbag Studios. I can't wait to see what the other images look like. Roben-Marie Smith has some of the coolest rubber stamps around-make sure you check it out!!!
I did the above page for my Aunt...It's the only thing I've really art wise outside of class since I got home and heard the news. (We miss you A.J!!!)

My Mom always wondered (out loud) where my "artistic talent" (as she calls it) came from. My Aunt was the "artist" in the family (though my Aunt would tell me that my Mom was quite talented when she was younger but stopped drawing when she was young for some reason). Auntie Joni painted- a lot. I remember her making really cool Halloween costumes (the giant egg with the face painted on a sheet). I still have the painting that she did of "Freckles" (their dog growing up) and that hangs in my hall. I remember the Fall scene she painted that hung in my Grandpa's living room. The last art thing she asked me for was a jar of white paint-"Kelly, if you're going to the art store, will you get me some white paint? I"m all out and I want to do something for your sister for her wedding..." Yup. I'll miss talking art and just all sorts of stuff with her...


*****

Shoshanah Jennings and Heather Simpson-Bluhm are presenting a mixed media art retreat in No CA *next weekend* with me!! You've heard me talk about it before but it's now only a week and a half away. There is still limited space left. I will be teaching THREE mixed media, bookbinding, collage, and art journaling classes: Taped Journal, Composition/Design 101: Collage and Excavations: Mixed Media Art. And-get this-not only is it a weekend of art, fun and more but there is also a mini boutique!!! Make sure you stop by and check it out. Find out about classes here. Sign up here. I'm looking forward to next weekend!!! This will be my first weekend teaching in San Jose!!

To see more of my upcoming out of area classes, check out the side panel of this blog (to your right) for more of my workshop info. Don't see something near you? Drop me a note and we can talk! I"m always looking for new places to teach.

Comments

Anonymous said…
These pages are so awesome! I could stare at them for hours! Oooo I sure hope Roben's stamps are the ones I am thinking of! The stamped papers she sent me are so yummy! Blessings to you and your family and to A.J a great and lovely journey!
Anonymous said…
Cool pages! I LOVE Roben-Marie's stamps, too :)
martha brown said…
Oh those circle stamps are cool -- I've been using lids to do this, but a stamp will be so much easier!
Christine Webb said…
Kelly, I love what you did with Frida. I know Venita will be impressed! I wish I could join you in Northern California. Old stomping grounds for me! Graduated Amador Valley High Pleasanton California,....Sometime long ago!
Anonymous said…
Hey, Kelly! I am so glad that you are enjoying the new Journal Impresssions images! Thanks so much for the mention! We launched everything today...busy, busy, busy!!! Had a great time with you in Phoenix! You live entirely too far away! Hugs, RM!
Maija said…
I love your pages! I have those cool stamps by Roben-Marie and I can't wait to use them! I am so sorry to read about your aunt's death. I will keep your family in my prayers.

Popular Posts