Countdown to Comic Con-One week from today!!
Here is the short, but sweet list of what I am looking for at Comic Con and the various artists/vendors that I am looking to visit. If you see a frenzied redhead, say hi!

Eddie Campbell (Who will be at the Topshelf Booth, Booth 1721). Y'all know how much we love Campbell's work in this house:


C.J. Metzger and her equally talented and amazing sister, Miss Mindy-Booth 4717:if you heard me screaming and drooling last year it was over their work. I LOVE their work. OMG, if I could've afforded to have packed up their whole booth and schlepped it home with me, I would've:



James Jean, you've heard me rave enough 'bout his art and you know this is big time on my list for Wed night. Adhouse Books is selling it, booth 2104:So last night, I went through the list at the Comic Con site (not that I won't have enough time to look through the BOOK with all of the time I'm sure we will be spending in line). Here are short list of some of my "must see" booths:

FSC (Foo Swee Chin) will be there but I am not sure where yet! Last year she kept trying to feed me milano cookies. Oh! I found it:
Vuduberi booth 119, Nekopress booth 1622

Murphy Design booth 4933-I think I own every book he's every published.

Scott Morse 4800-I love his colors and concepts...

The Boy wants to go to Lego first thing for his beloved Bionicle toys...

Kinokuniya 5452-yes, the Japanese bookstore has a booth at Con! How cool is that?

Giant Robot 1729

Greg Spalenka 4704-a few years back I went ga ga at his booth when after being at Con all day and finding nothing, I was ecstatic to find his artwork and him in person!

Buenaventura 1630-Home to Souther Salazar and much more...a fave publisher

IDW 2229 -I can't remember why I want to go here..LOL that's pretty bad, huh?

Gama Go 4838 -Love their shirts!

Stuart NG 5113-dangerous dangerous place for the husband to go to...

Tara McPherson 5022 -oh I love her work!!!

Allen Spiegel 4701-is where I think Barron Storey will be...but don't quote me...I went nuts looking for it on the web as someone said he would be at Con but damfino if I can find it!

Mile High 5423 -ditto on dangerous places for the husband

Vanguard Productions 1607-publisher of Barron Storey and much much more...I have lots of their books. The Edge is a fave publication of mine...

Baby Tattoo 601

Last Gasp!

Artists Alley-
Bill Sienkiewicz CC 16 'nuff said

Peter Kuper DD04-new book!

Also looking forward to seeing Ray Bradbury & Ray Harryhausen.

To name a few...

I wish Bill Koeb was going to be there...

If you see someone with scraps of paper, a glue stick, some pens and her journal, it's me. Say hi.

Comments

Anonymous said…
George Takai (Star Trek, Heroes) is going to be there. He is such an inspiring, positive man. If you get a chance to see him speak GO! I really wish I were going :-(
Kelly Kilmer said…
Thanks Donna for the heads up! I didn't see him as speaking but I have gone through the events panels several times and keep missing stuff. I will look again. We love Star Trek in this house ;)
Dorit Elisha said…
Kelly,
I just found out that I have a Kinokuniya store 5 minutes drive away from my house. Let me know if you need anything from there. They have thousands of comics and Jeu de Pome and all.
Dorit
Kelly Kilmer said…
Thanks Dorit! That store is dangerous ;)
We have one in L.A. but it's nothing like the one in San Francisco and I've heard that the one in Seattle is the BEST.
Anonymous said…
Actually Kelly I found the SF store to be much better than the Seattle store. I could only find one book I wanted to buy in Seattle.
Kelly Kilmer said…
Thanks "Anonymous" now I don't feel like I might have missed anything LOL
People rave about the Seattle store but I haven't been *yet* ;)
San Francisco Kinokuniya was dangerous to the tune of $110. Ouch!
Oh... Mercy said…
Aiyeeee,
I love this Bill Koeb's work. I wish I could see more.

damn, he is good.
I wish
Whaaaaaaaaa.... I wish I could go... *sniff*! Neil Gaiman will be there... I'm sure they'll be promoting Stardust which is coming out soon. Barron Storey is supposed to be there too. Another one I'd've liked to meet is Miriam Katin (say "szerbusz" if you see her *smiles*).

I think I'll plan early for next year... I was going to reserve a room a couple of months ago for three nights or so and it was completely booked solid!! The closest availability was in La Jolla or Rancho Bernardo... sheesh! And the prices were crazy! Have fun! :)

But... BUT... I was at Borders tonight and found Flight 4... I've been anxiously awaiting it's arrival! Yaay!

Hugs,
Adriane

Popular Posts