I really only blame Tammie for this Paumes order. OK, well, first it was Tammie. Then Muki told me about this one tonight:

So, while I was looking for the Nathalie Lete book, I also noticed this one:


Needless to say the CC has been whipped out and I am happily awaiting two new books from one of my most favorite book companies. Eeeehhhh!! (High pitched Squeal). So the gas bill, the cell phone bill are both on the back burner for now. I can go without eating, but I can't go without books. I might be walking to classes soon.

The other books I have are:

http://www.paumes.com/book/details/cadeaux/cadeaux.html

http://www.paumes.com/book/details/ateliers_f/filles.html

http://www.paumes.com/book/details/STchildrens/STchildrens.html

and ateliers de paris

I did ask them to please send me a catalog (I hope so) as it's hard to tell by the photos which ones I want. Tammie brought the books with her a couple of years ago to a class in Lake Elsinore at A Little Bizaar and I knew that I had to have them right that moment (I thought about grabbing them and walking out the door with them but knew that it wasn't a good "Friend like thing to do" plus she'd probably have kicked my ass...LOL).

The nice thing about the books is that they are small in size but pack a big punch. I LOVE the photos in the books. I can't read any of the text but who cares (they're written in French and Japanese)? The photos are pure eye candy. Artists studios. Artwork. Two of the books are of children's rooms and their collections. Since I'm basically a big kid myself (and I, um, still have lots of my little toys and ALL of my stuffed animals) I loved it. I'm eager for these new books as I can throw them in my bags and bring them with me while I take Tristan to the park, wait in the car, etc...They are SO inspiring.

I wish that one of the local stores would carry the Paumes books so I could actually SEE them before I bought 'em as I know I would buy more of them if I could see ALL of the pages.

So, remember, Tammie started it but Muki encouraged it. *hee hee*

*****

OK, I found this on a art blog and thought I'd share it here.


Comments

Anonymous said…
Japanese books never cease to inspire, and another wonderful site to purchase them...yes, no food this month :)
martha brown said…
Kelly -- your blog is a TERRIBLE influence on me! I don't know what is worse -- all money I will be spending on very cool books, or where to put said books. Sheesh. Thanks a lot. LOL
Alix said…
Kelly, I received my swap this weekend and it is FABULOUS! Thank you so so so much for hosting it and doing all the work.

I was offering Kathy papers and she was saying, "No, no, you did the swap." I stared at her and said, "I did the swap for US. LOOK AT THIS COOL PAPER!!!" She relented because it really was too cool to resist.

By the way, I'm proud to declare myself as a member of the LDA. LOL!

Alix
Kelly Kilmer said…
Ha Ha, I know that I won't be alone in the "Poor Artists' House". I'll have lots of friends in there moving in with all of their BOOKS and art supplies. LOL
~jolene said…
Ooooooo a Poor Artists' House to move into? Where do I sign up??? :)

Flowers in the garden, books on the shelves, art materials up the ying yang!! LOL!
Anonymous said…
Kelly,
Stop all ready. I have no will power and I want that Nathalie Lete book now. Couldn't you maybe go on a blog break and read your books or something? I have many of the Paume books so ask if you want to know about a specific one. Some are better than others. There is a great book like the Paume about artists and their pocketbooks. Making them, what is in them, the purse artist studios. Ooh la la
taylor

Popular Posts