WallPaper...whodathunkit?

Whodathunk that wallpaper was *cool*? *Trendy*? Even *inspiring*?

Not me.

Until recently.

The last several years my eyes have basically popped out of my head. I have always thought of myself as observant and watchful of the world around me, but as an artist, that's certainly true. I find inspiration and ideas (LOL I just went to type EYE deas) everywhere.

While at Barnes & Noble this afternoon I came across a new book The Cutting Edge of Wallpaper
that had a $40 price tag. (Ouch). It was yummy and I am still thinking about it...It wasn't a very hefty book for it's large price tag, but it's from the U.K. Lots of inspiring art and though I must've looked through it a zillion times, I didn't succumb. *Yet*

So of course I walk in the door, kick off the shoes, drop the purse (and keys, pink sunglasses and cell phone) and head straight to the laptop. *sigh*. I am a geek. Book whore!

I go to Amazon and look up Wallpaper and what do I find? Another book that looks like a must have! Dammit!

The last few days I have been lusting over this book after seeing it on the Cruststation blog. It is collaged! I don't care about the *writing* in it. It's the collage stuff in it...I want I want! I need I need!!! I must orderrrrrrrr...

OH! And I did link them to my blog *but* have you checked out one of the coolest new blogs around? Jason Thompson of Rag and Bone Bindery (drool drool over their luscious journals and Jason's wonderful book.)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oohh..I am such a picture book person. Have heard of the wallpaper book before, looks interesting £18.50 on Amazon, quite expensive...that journal book sounds fabulous too, I think I'll add it to my wish-list :) I'm glad you like the images in the Goddess book, I must confess I bought it for the pictures!
Kelly Kilmer said…
I'm waiting for the Goddess book in the mail right now from Amazon UK...I'm sooo impatient! LOL I'm only buying it for the pictures too ;)and solely on your recommendation! I can't wait to see it!!!

Popular Posts