Just say NO to half.com/

In October I purchased for $48.70 a copy of "The Complete Calvin and Hobbes". Tristan had been wanting it for over a year and finally it was at a price that I could afford (cover price is over a $100). I ordered it from a half.com seller that had perfect feedback. A few days later I had received a confirmation that the order had shipped. OK. I wait. and I wait. and I'm still waiting. I check the website again. The seller's feedback score has gone from A++ perfect to what the hell?? It seems no one who ordered from them after I did received their books either. So I go to figure out now what? Next step please. Takes me forever to figure out I can file a claim on half.com Not so fast though they say. I first have to contact the seller. Did that twice already. I have to do it again says half.com/ So I do. I wait 48 hours. I go to file a claim. Nope not this time. Have to contact the seller again-WHAT?? So I do. I wait another 48 friggin hours. FINALLY I can file a claim. Then they tell me (this is via the online "information site" HA) that I have to wait 30 to 45 days to hear back. They say if I contact my credit card company (unfortunately it was a debit card I used and not a C.C. since I don't have a C.C.) that if I do that, then it jeopardizes my claim with half.com/

It is now Dec 12th and I have yet to hear anything from half.com/ Their customer service is a joke. There is NO contact info on their website. I had to google to find a discussion board at ebay.com where there are lots and lots of people who are having major problems with half.com/ since ebay bought it out. Ebay simply doesn't give a rats ass about half.com and their customers anymore. I had problems last year selling on ebay with people that bid and never followed through on it. I still had to pay the damn fees from ebay!
Needless to say I repeat what I have said in the past "There is no such thing as customer service any more unless you stick to the Mom and Pop stores."

Comments

Popular Posts