The Spirit of the Beehive

 
 




"I told you he was a spirit. If you're his friend, you can talk to him whenever you want. Just close your eyes and call him... It's me, Ana... It's me Ana..."

The other day, David and I saw The Spirit of the Beehive at LACMA. David had seen it many years ago and I had been waiting to see it on the big screen. It did not disappoint. It is the kind of film (at least for me) that will stay with me.

The last few years (thanks to my husband) I have shunned reading reviews, descriptions and anything about a film before heading into seeing it. I look at who directed it. I listen to what others have to say about a film and, if I trust their judgment and taste, I will make note of it. I've left out some "spoiler" shots from this film just in case you are thinking along the same lines. If you ever get a chance to see it on the big screen in 35mm, I'd highly recommend it.

"Soy Ana."

Comments

Popular Posts