San Diego: A Few of My Favorite Things: Paper, Paint and Pen: Text Edition Saturday, January 30th 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.







I am very happy to announce that I will be returning to teach in the Normal Heights neighborhood of San Diego at a private studio (classes are open to the public for this workshop.)

January 30th, 2016 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. 
 
A Few of My Favorite Things: Paper, Paint and Pen: Text Edition
This is a fresh, new workshop that teaches a variety of NEW ideas in collage, creative processing, self expression, composition, design, layering, painting and much, much more.


My workshops are always process-based learning while creating a unique product. I am well known for not traveling light and bring a large variety of supplies including (but not limited to) acrylic paints and mediums, collage material, rubber stamps, stencils, pens, markers, tape and more.
Please note there is a small supply list below the class description.


Beginners to advanced are welcome in ALL of my classes.

Interested in signing up? Questions? Please email Kelly for more info! EGorey99@sbcglobal.net

Payments for the San Diego, CA workshop must be made in advance. Due to the fact that the teacher is traveling from Los Angeles and must prep for the workshops in advance, there are no cancellations allowed. No refunds.

You may send someone else in your place if you are unable to attend the workshop, or you will receive a kit for the class. You can either pay via paypal (see button below) or send a check or money order. Once you've signed up for the workshop, you will be sent the address and directions to the workshop location. If you have ANY questions you can email me. I will also give you my cell phone number so you contact me.







 


If you have any problems with the paypal buttons (they can be finicky sometimes, please email me at EGorey99@sbcglobal.net) 



 
January 30th, 2016 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. 

A Few of My Favorite Things: Paper, Paint and Pen: Text Edition

Combining visual art with the written word is a passion of mine. I am always searching for new ways to bring together paper, paint and pen. 

Want to make your pages come alive? Then bring your journal to class where you will learn not only how to add text to your pages but where, when and what to write. Your pages will sing and vibrate with layers of color, texture and text. This is unlike any class in adding text that I have ever taught before.

(You will learn collage, mixed media layering, composition, design, color theory and various ways to add and layer text in your artwork.)

Supply list: a journal or paper to work on, an apron, scissors, a selection of favorite collage ephemera (think about reading this when choosing your images), bone folder, cork back metal ruler, roll of paper towels OR an old rag, permanent black ink pad (if you have one),  1" brush to glue and paint (I like chip or bristle brushes), a few of your favorite glue sticks (large glue sticks will last you longer), roll of waxed paper OR an old catalog or magazine to glue on (if you don't want to use all of your waxed paper for this.)

I hope to see you there!

Comments

Popular Posts