2 April 2013 Journal Page


This is the last page of my Becoming: The Art of Visual Dialogue Journal. I'm looking forward to debuting this two day class at the end of the month. It's totally unlike anything I've ever taught and I'm jazzed about it!

Speaking of classes, I have a few lined up for this month. I'm teaching my Content: An Artist's Life journal (truly the perfect summer journal!) this Friday at Stampin from the Heart and my Journal This (my students love this class combining collage, journaling and more) class on Saturday at Banana Rose. You can see my classes here.

David, Tristan and I had a great time at the Egyptian Theatre on Monday. We went to see Leonard Nimoy (who looked and sounded great at 82.) We also saw the reboot of Star Trek (Tristan had seen it before. David and I had avoided seeing it.) Host Geoff Boucher asked the crowd if folks were fans why had some not seen the film. After watching the film, it's not Star Trek. 60's Spock would have called it, "illogical." It was more Star Wars than Star Trek (couple planets being blown up and characters marooned on Hoth. I almost expected Nero at one point to tell Kirk, "I am your father.") I did enjoy the actors and thought that they did a great job with the material that they had to work with. This site here has a video from Monday night of Nimoy singing Bilbo Baggins along with some photos. We were four rows back and because of the crappy floor seats (you feel like you're in a spaceship because of how they lean back and even my 6' 4" husband couldn't see Nimoy because of the odd seats) combined with my crappy droid camera (no zoom), they came out, well, crappy. Ce la vie! I'm just very thankful that we could be there.

Blog Love:
Squeak Carnwath in conversation
Michelle Casey's My Father's Hands via Collage Your World

Comments

Popular Posts