September 15 and 16th Workshops at Guadalupe's Fun Rubber Stamps in Santa Fe New Mexico



Santa Fe is one of my most favorite places on the planet. I am  SUPER EXCITED to return to Guadalupe's Fun Rubber Stamps September 15th and 16th!

Just think: weekend + Santa Fe + art=INSPIRATION!
These fresh, new workshops teach a variety of NEW ideas involving collage, creative processing, self expression, composition, design, layering, painting and much, much more.
  
My workshops are always process-based learning while creating something completely unique to you.

Please note there is a small supply list.



Beginners to advanced are welcome in ALL of the classes.

The class fee includes a vast array of mediums and materials to complete the necessary project. It is well known that I do not travel light to any of my classes. I will be bringing such things are: 

  • all materials necessary to complete the project (handmade paper, decorative paper, board, glue, etc...)
  • bookbinding supplies (thread, awl, needles)
  • rubber stamps 
  • ink pads 
  • decorative tape
  • stencils
  • pens and markers
  • collage ephemera and much, much more.
 
I do not travel light to my classes at all.

FRIDAY








 



Conversations: A Visual Travelogue

We'll begin this workshop by creating a simple no-stitch journal (you get to choose the size!) After assembling your book, we'll dive head first into layers of paint, paper and pen. This little book will capture your heart and creative spirit.

You'll have the pages full in no time (there's a good chance that you may finish the collage and painting part in the workshop depending upon the size book you choose to make.)

What I love most about this book is how travel friendly it is. You'll be bringing it to the coffee shop, on road trips and beyond. It's a new friend that you won't want to leave your side.


Supply list: an apron, scissors, a small selection of favorite collage ephemera (think about reading this when choosing your images and papers), cork back metal ruler, a full roll of paper towels OR old rags, a container for your paint water, your favorite brushes to paint with (I like a couple of small detail brushes and then a flat brush),  a few of your favorite glue sticks (please trust me when I say that large glue sticks will last you longer. I always have two or three 40 gram glue sticks in my journal bag and that's more than enough for a long weekend. You WILL go through the smaller glue sticks in MINUTES), roll of waxed paper OR an old catalog or magazine to glue on (if you don't want to use all of your waxed paper for this.)

followed by:






This workshop is about transformation. How do we push ourselves out of our comfort zone to become better artists? How do we learn to see, glean ideas and create pages that are uniquely our own?

You will learn new layering, composition, design, how to push past creative block, lettering, color theory and more. I will reach deep into my current art toolbox of tips, tricks and techniques. There's no holding back in this workshop.

Please note if you take the morning workshop, you can continue to work in the journal that you make in the A.M. workshop.


Supply list: your journal, an apron, scissors, a small selection of favorite collage ephemera (think about reading this when choosing your images and papers), cork back metal ruler, a full roll of paper towels OR old rags, a container for your paint water, your favorite brushes to paint with (I like a couple of small detail brushes and then a flat brush),  a few of your favorite glue sticks (please trust me when I say that large glue sticks will last you longer. I always have two or three 40 gram glue sticks in my journal bag and that's more than enough for a long weekend. You WILL go through the smaller glue sticks in MINUTES), roll of waxed paper OR an old catalog or magazine to glue on (if you don't want to use all of your waxed paper for this.)

Sunday







Fragments of the Self
We'll begin the workshop by constructing a simple (but fun) journal. The majority of the workshop will be spent learning some of my favorite techniques in composition, design, color theory and more. We'll take a playful, what if approach on our pages as we step outside of our comfort zone to create fresh journal pages.
Please note that the ideas we are exploring also translate to other art mediums and fields.

Supply list: an apron, scissors, a small selection of favorite collage ephemera (think about reading this when choosing your images and papers), cork back metal ruler, a full roll of paper towels OR old rags, a container for your paint water, your favorite brushes to paint with (I like a couple of small detail brushes and then a flat brush),  a few of your favorite glue sticks (please trust me when I say that large glue sticks will last you longer. I always have two or three 40 gram glue sticks in my journal bag and that's more than enough for a long weekend. You WILL go through the smaller glue sticks in MINUTES), roll of waxed paper OR an old catalog or magazine to glue on (if you don't want to use all of your waxed paper for this.)

followed by


 



 

 
Art Journaling has been a passion of mine for over twenty years now. 
 
"How do you keep your work fresh, open and honest?" 
 
"How do you generate new ideas?" 
 
These are questions that I'm often asked. We'll explore the answers in this workshop. We'll dive onto our pages utilizing my latest favorite techniques in paint, paper and pen. Learn how to open up visually while creating truly unique to you pages. I'll share with you not only how I find inspiration but how you can take the ideas and make them for what you need! 
 

Please note that the ideas we are exploring also translate to other art mediums and fields.

Please note if you take the morning workshop, you can continue to work in the journal that you make in the A.M. workshop.
 
Supply list: your journal, an apron, scissors, a small selection of favorite collage ephemera (think about reading this when choosing your images and papers), cork back metal ruler, a full roll of paper towels OR old rags, a container for your paint water, your favorite brushes to paint with (I like a couple of small detail brushes and then a flat brush),  a few of your favorite glue sticks (please trust me when I say that large glue sticks will last you longer. I always have two or three 40 gram glue sticks in my journal bag and that's more than enough for a long weekend. You WILL go through the smaller glue sticks in MINUTES), roll of waxed paper OR an old catalog or magazine to glue on (if you don't want to use all of your waxed paper for this.)
I hope to see you there! 
Santa Fe + Art + Weekend=Inspiration

Comments

Popular Posts