In Search of Vincent (the Bibliophile Edition)


For some reason, I had it in my head that I wanted to group all of my Van Gogh books together again. They were in piles all over my home and it was time to shelve them together. I knew that I had quite the collection of books on Vincent, but I didn't know that I had acquired enough to fill almost an entire bookcase. 

David and I frequent used bookstores a lot, often trading in old books for "new" books. Books are my Kryptonite (yes, even before art supplies.) I don't know what to say about this current collection other than, I guess I really like Van Gogh. I had thought that my biggest collection was either O'Keeffe, Kahlo, or Matisse, I wrong.
 


Van Gogh's House A Pop-up Experience
Van Gogh Art Gallery
Memoirs of Van Gogh by Jo van Gogh-Bonger (I've carried this little gem of a book around in my travels)
Van Gogh Barnes and Noble Art Series 

Van Gogh by Finley  
Following Van Gogh 
Van Gogh published by Skira (I love their publications)

Le Monde of Van Gogh
Sunflowers for Van Gogh
Vincent van Gogh and the Birth of Cloisonism
Van Gogh's Imaginary Museum: Exploring the Artist's Inner World 
Van Gogh published by Rizzoli (I love the fold-out pages in this book)
Van Gogh at Work (one of my favorites. I really, really want Van Gogh's Studio Practice.)
Munch Van Gogh  
Seven Sketchbooks of Vincent Van Gogh 
Vincent and Theo: A Dual Biography
Van Gogh and Gauguin: The Studio of the South  
 
Van Gogh: A Self Portrait by W.H. Auden (one of my favorites. This is usually the letters book that I take on my trips.)
Van Gogh and Love: In Focus
Van Gogh: The Life  
Van Gogh: A Psychological Study
Van Gogh (World of Art) McQuillan
Stranger on Earth
Letters in hardcover by Ronald de Leeuw
Passionate Pilgrim
Sunflowers are Mine
In the Footsteps of Van Gogh
Van Gogh Repetitions



Creative Inspiration: Van Gogh
Irises: Van Gogh in the Garden Getty Museum Studies on Art
Personal Recollections of Vincent Van Gogh
Van Gogh the Asylum Year
Van Gogh-The Complete Letters

Van Gogh and Japan
Van Gogh Master Draughtsman
Van Gogh La Mal Aime  
Vincent Van Gogh Drawings: Volume 1: The Early Years by Sjraar van Heugten 
Vincent Van Gogh Paintings Dutch Period Volume 1
Vincent Van Gogh Paintings Antwerp and Paris 1885-1888 Volume 2 
 



Two books that were somehow left out of the photos:



Though I've linked to Amazon above, I would recommend either Abe, Add-all used or ebay in your search. Also, check the Van Gogh Museum bookshop as often their prices (if they have the title) even with shipping are much better than those found in the U.S. You can't trust Amazon prices. They are all over the place and if there's a title that you want, you really have to do some work and research on it.

For more Books on Van Gogh:

Comments

Popular Posts