Early August 2017 Journal Pages, Limitations and Catching Up




It's with this journal that I started to go back to my roots. I tried not to use stencils on the pages. I wanted to try making my own marks, playing with pens and markers on my pages. (This is coming from a woman who doesn't take her stencil collecting lightly. Those who've taken my workshops can attest to that.) 

My hands kept reaching for the stencil bag, but like a lot of my projects, I tried to limit what I had access to. I've found that over the years that by taking away one of my toys (art supplies), I'm forced to think out of my box. With some journals, I limit access to certain images (flowers, for example) while others I limit colors or favorite tools. It's interesting to see what develops when you work like this. 

Have you done this? Does it work for you?

Catching Up

For those who have asked, David had a pet scan recently. We had an appointment with his oncologist yesterday and the results were clear! We celebrated afterwards with breakfast out, a trip to the bookstore (we came home empty handed but it's always fun to look) and flowers. His next visit will be at Christmas present (a four month follow-up.) Thank you to those who have asked and kept us close. XO.

Comments

Popular Posts