Just Announced: June 8-10th Workshops in Fremont, CA



I am teaching four new workshops at Maria's studio in Fremont, CA June 8-10th (classes are open to all.) I am very excited about the new ideas that these workshops will generate over the weekend as I have been planning these workshops for quite some time now. 









Fremont June 8-10th Weekend of Creativity















The Palette Book

Friday, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.

followed by
Lust for Life: Art and Transformation
3 to 7 p.m.

Conversations: A Visual Travelogue
Saturday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
 
A Journal Bundle
Sunday 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.

PLEASE NOTE: After the last class each day, you are welcome to stay and work in your journal. We often go out to dinner (and bring it back) and spend a couple of hours after class in each other's company while we talk and work in our journals. I will also have a small amount of goodies for sale. We may be adding something after Sunday's workshop (it's still up in the air.)
 
These fresh, new workshops teach a variety of NEW ideas involving collage, creative processing, self expression, composition, design, layering, painting and much, much more.
  
My workshops are always process-based learning while creating something completely unique to you.

Please note there is a small supply list.


Beginners to advanced are welcome in ALL of the classes.

Interested in signing up? Questions? Please email Kelly for more info! EGorey99@sbcglobal.net


Payments for the Fremont, CA workshop must be made in advance. Due to the fact that the teacher is traveling from Los Angeles and must prep for the workshops in advance, there are no cancellations allowed. No refunds.

You may send someone else in your place if you are unable to attend the workshop, or you will receive a kit for the class. You can either pay via paypal (see button below) or send a check or money order. Once you've signed up for the workshop, you will be sent the address and directions to the workshop location. If you have ANY questions you can email me. I will also give you my cell phone number so you contact me.


The class fee includes a vast array of mediums and materials to complete the necessary project. It is well known that I do not travel light to any of my classes. I will be bringing such things are: 

  • all materials necessary to complete the project (handmade paper, decorative paper, board, glue, etc...)
  • bookbinding supplies (thread, awl, needles)
  • rubber stamps 
  • ink pads 
  • decorative tape
  • stencils
  • pens and markers
  • gel medium
  • collage ephemera and much, much more.
 
I do not travel light to my classes at all.








Fremont June 8-10th Weekend of Creativity







Friday, June 8th
10 a.m. to 2 p.m.








The Palette Journal

This is a workshop in letting go and giving yourself permission to do so. I've been on a quest to save wasted paint for quite some time now. How can we take our love of acrylics, color, collage and our palettes and transform them into something new?

What if you combined your passion for paint and paper and turn our palette into a working journal?

We'll create a user friendly, simple journal made from scratch. We'll then work quickly and start to prep our pages. Learn how to let go on the page as you transform this one of a kind creation into something unique and completely your own.


Supply list: an apron, scissors, a small selection of favorite collage ephemera (think about reading this when choosing your images and papers), cork back metal ruler, a full roll of paper towels OR old rags, permanent black ink pad (only if you have one), a container for your paint water,  1 to 2" brush to glue and paint (I like chip or bristle brushes) as well as a few, smaller, detailed brushes,  a few of your favorite glue sticks (please trust me when I say that large glue sticks will last you longer. I always have two or three 40 gram glue sticks in my journal bag and that's more than enough for a long weekend. You WILL go through the smaller glue sticks in MINUTES), roll of waxed paper OR an old catalog or magazine to glue on (if you don't want to use all of your waxed paper for this.)



followed by 

3 p.m. to 7 p.m. 






Lust for Life: Art and Transformation

This workshop is about transformation. How do we push ourselves out of our comfort zone to become better artists? How do we learn to see, glean ideas and create pages that are uniquely our own?

You will learn new layering, composition, design, how to push past creative block, lettering, color theory and more. I will reach deep into my current art toolbox of tips, tricks and techniques. There's no holding back in this workshop.

Supply list: your journal, an apron, scissors, a small selection of favorite collage ephemera (think about reading this when choosing your images and papers), cork back metal ruler, a full roll of paper towels OR old rags, permanent black ink pad (only if you have one), a container for your paint water,  1 to 2" brush to glue and paint (I like chip or bristle brushes) as well as a few, smaller, detailed brushes,  a few of your favorite glue sticks (please trust me when I say that large glue sticks will last you longer. I always have two or three 40 gram glue sticks in my journal bag and that's more than enough for a long weekend. You WILL go through the smaller glue sticks in MINUTES), roll of waxed paper OR an old catalog or magazine to glue on (if you don't want to use all of your waxed paper for this.)
Saturday, June 9th
10 a.m. to 6 p.m.






 Conversations: A Visual Travelogue

We'll begin this workshop by creating a simple no-stitch journal (you get to choose the size!) After assembling your book, we'll dive head first into layers of paint, paper and pen. This little book will capture your heart and creative spirit.

You'll have the pages full in no time (there's a good chance that you may finish the collage and painting part in the workshop depending upon the size book you choose to make.) (Please note that the pages above are a work in progress as I plan on finishing it while on the road traveling East in search of Van Gogh.)

What I love most about this book is how travel friendly it is. You'll be bringing it to the coffee shop, on road trips and beyond. It's a new friend that you won't want to leave your side.


Supply list: an apron, scissors, a small selection of favorite collage ephemera (think about reading this when choosing your images and papers), cork back metal ruler, a full roll of paper towels OR old rags, permanent black ink pad (only if you have one), a container for your paint water,  1 to 2" brush to glue and paint (I like chip or bristle brushes) as well as a few, smaller, detailed brushes,  a few of your favorite glue sticks (please trust me when I say that large glue sticks will last you longer. I always have two or three 40 gram glue sticks in my journal bag and that's more than enough for a long weekend. You WILL go through the smaller glue sticks in MINUTES), roll of waxed paper OR an old catalog or magazine to glue on (if you don't want to use all of your waxed paper for this.)


Sunday, June 10th
10 a.m. to 2 p.m.




A Journal Bundle: Altered Books Revised and Revisited

Every journal that I make, I try to make in a way that is different than the ones I've made before. I love altering books and transforming them into something new. In this unique and personal art journal workshop, we'll take one of my favorite structures to create a unique journal made from found books. Learn color, composition, layering and more as you create truly original pages unlike any other. 


Supply list: If you have journal pages that you haven't finished, ephemera you've been hanging onto or favorite hardcover books that you want to use as "pages", please bring them. I will have hardcover books for you to use but some folks like to have some of their own to work with. You will not need more than four to five hardcover books (again, I will have books for you to choose from.) You will also need: an apron, scissors, a small selection of favorite collage ephemera (think about reading this when choosing your images and papers), cork back metal ruler, a full roll of paper towels OR old rags, permanent black ink pad (only if you have one), a container for your paint water,  1 to 2" brush to glue and paint (I like chip or bristle brushes) as well as a few, smaller, detailed brushes,  a few of your favorite glue sticks (please trust me when I say that large glue sticks will last you longer. I always have two or three 40 gram glue sticks in my journal bag and that's more than enough for a long weekend. You WILL go through the smaller glue sticks in MINUTES), roll of waxed paper OR an old catalog or magazine to glue on (if you don't want to use all of your waxed paper for this.)

I hope to see you there!

Comments

Popular Posts