Just Announced: April 13-15th Workshops in Sacramento, CA



This is the first time teaching in Sacramento and I'm REALLY looking forward to it! will be teaching four new workshops April 13th-15th. I am VERY excited about the new ideas that these workshops will generate over the course of the weekend. 





Workshops




 



If you are taking any of the workshops, you are invited to meet us at The Crocker Museum for the Corita Kent exhibit Thursday late afternoon, early evening (the museum is open until 9 p.m. Thursdays.) Corita has been one of my favorite artists since I was a little girl. My parents would drive by the Boston Gas Tank and I dreamt about the artist who painted the rainbow with the name, Corita across the bottom. I always appreciate being able to see her work in person. (Please note that the museum fee is $10 per person.)


Located at: 

Living Hope Church at 701 Riverside in Roseville, CA 95678
(please note that I am the one handling sign-ups and we are only using the Church space for the weekend.)

April 13-15th
Fragments of the Self
Friday, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.

followed by

The Three Color Palette: Adventures in Color Theory
3 to 7 p.m.


Landscapes of the Mind: Expressive Art Journaling
Saturday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.

Conversations in Paint, Paper and Pen
Sunday 2:30-6:30 p.m.



These fresh, new workshops teach a variety of NEW ideas involving collage, creative processing, self expression, composition, design, layering, painting and much, much more.
  
My workshops are always process-based learning while creating something completely unique to you.

Please note there is a small supply list.



Beginners to advanced are welcome in ALL of the classes.

Interested in signing up? Questions? Please email Kelly for more info! EGorey99@sbcglobal.net


Payments for the Sacramento, CA workshop must be made in advance. Due to the fact that the teacher is traveling from Los Angeles and must prep for the workshops in advance, there are no cancellations allowed. No refunds.

You may send someone else in your place if you are unable to attend the workshop, or you will receive a kit for the class. You can either pay via paypal (see button below) or send a check or money order. Once you've signed up for the workshop, you will be sent the address and directions to the workshop location. If you have ANY questions you can email me. I will also give you my cell phone number so you contact me.


The class fee includes a vast array of mediums and materials to complete the necessary project. It is well known that I do not travel light to any of my classes. I will be bringing such things are: 

  • all materials necessary to complete the project (handmade paper, decorative paper, board, glue, etc...)
  • bookbinding supplies (thread, awl, needles)
  • rubber stamps 
  • ink pads 
  • decorative tape
  • stencils
  • pens and markers
  • gel medium
  • collage ephemera and much, much more.
I do not travel light to my classes at all.







Workshops







Please email me at EGorey99@sbcglobal.net if you have any questions or problems.






Fragments of the Self

We'll begin the workshop by constructing a simple (but fun) journal. The majority of the workshop will be spent learning some of my favorite techniques in composition, design, color theory and more. We'll take a playful, what if approach on our pages as we step outside of our comfort zone to create fresh journal pages.


Please note that the ideas we are exploring also translate to other art mediums and fields.


Supply List: an apron, scissors, a small selection of favorite collage ephemera (think about reading this when choosing your images and papers), cork back metal ruler, a full roll of paper towels OR old rags, any favorite mark making tools (I will have some to share) a container for your paint water,  1" brush to glue and paint (I like chip or bristle brushes) as well as a few, smaller, detailed brushes, a small container to clean your brushes (an old jar, etc...), a few of your favorite glue sticks (large glue sticks will last you longer), roll of waxed paper OR an old catalog or magazine to glue on (if you don't want to use all of your waxed paper for this.)

 







The Three Color Palette: Adventures in Color Theory
Many of you know that limiting your color palette is one of my favorite ways to explore ideas in my journal. I've found over the last year that by limiting not only my choices in color but how and where I apply it, I can push my pages (and my work) in a new direction.
In this new workshop, we'll explore a variety of different (and new to us) color palettes. Learn how artists make the choices that they do and how one tweak of a color combined with a second color can make your work vibrate and feel alive.

Bring your journal (or favorite paper) to class and be prepared to get messy and play with color!
Please note that the ideas we are exploring also translate to other art mediums and fields.
Supply List: your journal, an apron, scissors, a small selection of favorite collage ephemera (think about reading this when choosing your images and papers), cork back metal ruler, a full roll of paper towels OR old rags, any favorite mark making tools (I will have some to share) a container for your paint water,  1" brush to glue and paint (I like chip or bristle brushes) as well as a few, smaller, detailed brushes, a small container to clean your brushes (an old jar, etc...), a few of your favorite glue sticks (large glue sticks will last you longer), roll of waxed paper OR an old catalog or magazine to glue on (if you don't want to use all of your waxed paper for this.)
  


Landscapes of the Mind: Expressive Art Journaling
Both professionally and personally, art journaling has opened many doors for me over the years. The structure of doors is something that pops up in my own work repeatedly. It is a part of my visual vocabulary and a format that I have revisited many times over the years in my own journal construction and creation.
In this latest workshop, you will be creating a journal form that is the ultimate in creativity and construction. You will start the workshop by creating a journal from scratch. We'll bounce around a variety of different ideas before we get into sewing the pages. Maybe you want your book in the format you see above? Maybe you want a more landscape form? Maybe you want a variety of page sizes? You are not limited to the work in progress journal that you see above.
After we bind our book, we'll then begin to work on the pages. Using a variety of my favorite techniques, tips and tricks, you will create pages that are truly unique to you. Explore how you can use what's on one page to inspire another. Learn how to create pages that flow and relate to each other, creating an interactive book whose page play off of each other. 

Please note that the ideas we are exploring also translate to other art mediums and fields.
Supply List: an apron, scissors, a small selection of favorite collage ephemera (think about reading this when choosing your images and papers), cork back metal ruler, a full roll of paper towels OR old rags, any favorite mark making tools (I will have some to share) a container for your paint water,  1" brush to glue and paint (I like chip or bristle brushes) as well as a few, smaller, detailed brushes, a small container to clean your brushes (an old jar, etc...), a few of your favorite glue sticks (large glue sticks will last you longer), roll of waxed paper OR an old catalog or magazine to glue on (if you don't want to use all of your waxed paper for this.)



Conversations in Paint, Paper and Pen 
Art Journaling has been a passion of mine for over twenty years now. 
"How do you keep your work fresh, open and honest?" 
"How do you generate new ideas?" 
These are questions that I'm often asked. We'll explore the answers in this workshop. We'll dive onto our pages utilizing my latest favorite techniques in paint, paper and pen. Learn how to open up visually while creating truly unique to you pages. I'll share with you not only how I find inspiration but how you can take the ideas and make them for what you need!  
Please note that the ideas we are exploring also translate to other art mediums and fields.
Supply List: your journal, an apron, scissors, a small selection of favorite collage ephemera (think about reading this when choosing your images and papers), cork back metal ruler, a full roll of paper towels OR old rags, any favorite mark making tools (I will have some to share) a container for your paint water,  1" brush to glue and paint (I like chip or bristle brushes) as well as a few, smaller, detailed brushes, a small container to clean your brushes (an old jar, etc...), a few of your favorite glue sticks (large glue sticks will last you longer), roll of waxed paper OR an old catalog or magazine to glue on (if you don't want to use all of your waxed paper for this.)
I hope to see you there!

Comments

Popular Posts