Full Spectrum: Paintings by Raimonds Staprans at San Jose Museum of Art

























Recently, I visited the San Jose Museum of Art to see Raimonds Staprans exhibit, Full Spectrum. I had heard his name before seeing the exhibit but knew absolutely nothing about the artist. I really enjoyed seeing his paintings in person. I went bonkers over his use of color and light. It's hard to see the details in the photographs. You have to be standing in front of the paintings to truly appreciate his mastery of color. After standing in the first room, I wanted to run and grab my paint brush.




Comments

kerrydahlin said…
Hi Kelly :) I saw Staprans at the Crocker...I had never even heard of him, but LOVED seeing his work. A testimony to seeing art up-close-and-personal...amazing! And I had so much fun, incorporating some of my-interpretations-of-his-techniques in my art journal...so much fun!!! It was great seeing your pictures from your museum visit...de ja vu! Looking forward to classes and a field trip in April in SAC.! Kerry

Popular Posts