What You'll Find Here

I post daily (photos of my journal pages, things that inspire me and personal bits and pieces) to inspire and encourage others. I have always believed that if I can do it, so can you.

You'll find resources (my favorite supplies, books, slideshows of my art journal pages, favorite bloggers, etc...) listed along the right hand side of my blog.

I've been teaching both in person and online workshops for almost twenty years now. You can find out more about my classes by scrolling down along the right hand side of my blog. I strive to make classes accessible to everyone (both beginner to advanced).

I love teaching and truly believe that deep down inside everyone is an artist, capable of creating something. There is power and knowledge in the act of creating something with your own hands, made from your own heart and head.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at EGorey99@sbcglobal.net

Thanks for stopping by!

-Kelly

Monday, November 13, 2017

Remembering Fran


I woke up yesterday to the news that the mixed media world had lost another artist, Fran Pullara. I don't know what happened (and I feel bad that I don't know.) I had not seen her in several months. It was coming up to the time of year when she would pop in for a workshop. A mutual friend tagged me on Facebook to tell me the news. My heart dropped when I read it.

Fran was one of my favorite people. Her passion and enthusiasm for everything that she did and everyone she knew bubbled all over you the minute she walked into a room. She was always a delight to be around. 

There's a light that has gone out on this planet. My heart is heavy with sadness. At the same time, how lucky were we to have known her? Fran will be missed but she will live on in her family, friends and everyone whose life she touched. I wish I could give her a hug and thank her for that. Instead, I'll pick up my paint brush and think of her...

See some of Fran's work and read her thoughts here:

4 comments:

Gina Forsyth said...

Lovely post.

Elaine Normandy said...

Thanks, Kelly. I am part of an online community of which Fran was a long time member (more than 16 years!) and we are feeling very bereft.

Debbie said...

So sad to hear this, Kelly...creating in her honor is a nice tribute. My heart is with you.

Connie Saunders said...

I miss her too. Fran was part of a group of online journal writers. We have been writing together for over 20 years. We are like a family and now one of us is missing. She was loved. She was an inspiration for me & I am lucky to have met her twice.