Visiting the National Gallery of Art


Come with me on a tour of the National Gallery of Art in D.C. Here are some of my favorite paintings from the two hours that I spent at the museum.






Gauguin



Degas


Renoir


Carbo


Henner


Redon


Degas


Monet


Vuillard


Morisot




Matisse



Barlach


Lehmbruck


Picasso


Vuillard



Bonnard


Matisse


Bonnard


Matisse


Laurencin


Redon


Picasso


Modigliani


O'Keeffe


Bellows


Diebenkorn


Marshall


Snyder


Weiner


Twombly


Ligon


Rauschenberg

Have you been? What are your favorites? What did I miss? (I was unable to see Matisse's Cut-Outs as that gallery closes at 2 p.m.) 

I'd recommend at least two days (or more) to see the entire museum. My Mom asked how long I would be and I told her, "I can spend all day with just Van Gogh." We only had a couple of hours and I did spend the most amount of my time with Vincent.

I'd recommend also doing some research before you go and finding out what is (and what isn't) on view. I was told by one person that the only Matisse available were the Cut-Outs. That didn't sound right so I asked a guard and he told me where all of the Matisse paintings were that were currently on view (he knew his stuff!) 

There is more than one gift shop so plan accordingly. They close at 5 on the dot and when they are closed, that's it! 



Also, research parking and parking hours before you go. They roll up the carpet early there and you don't want your car stuck in a garage overnight.

Mom and I ate at Oyamel Cocina Mexicana which we both loved. The food was excellent and decor was gorgeous. Eye candy everywhere and delicious food.

I can't wait to go back!

Comments

Popular Posts