Light, Shadow and Greenery at the Portland Japanese Garden

 
 
 
 
 
 

On the morning of April 6th (before my evening class at Art and Soul), my Mom and I decided to visit the Portland Japanese Garden. I had asked a few fellow artists their opinion on where to spend our time and several suggested the Garden (thanks, Mindy!) My only regret was that we didn't have longer to spend there. It was gorgeous and there were photo opps lurking around every corner. I wish that we had more time to just sit and relax but it gives us an excuse to go back next year.

A few favorite things that stood out were the light and play of the shadows, the different shades of green, the pops of pink, how blue the sky was, how quiet it would suddenly become and the sound of moving water. It was definitely other world like and inspiring...  

Comments

Popular Posts