On The Road to Santa Fe


My mother and I are getting ready to leave early tomorrow morning for Santa Fe. I am teaching at Guadalupe's Fun Rubber Stamps on Friday. I'm really looking forward to it. I have taught there twice before and it is a great store.

On Thursday, Mom and I are taking the O'Keeffe tour in Abiquiu. I am very excited. I have been immersing myself in O'Keeffe lately and am eager to see the area.

Friday, I teach two classes. Whee! After class, we are headed to Albuquerque as my Mom booked a ride on a hot air balloon early Saturday morning. She is getting on it herself. I might be crazy but I am not that crazy! We will turn around and trek back home after that. 

I started the journal that you see here for my trip awhile back. This is my, "An Artist's Study" class where I combine my work with a favorite artist's, merging the two to create something new. Prior to this book, I have made one for Frida Kahlo. What you see here is the work in progress cover. It looked entirely different until last night. It will look different again the next time I take paint and marker to it.

I am eager to see what New Mexico and Georgia O'Keeffe have to teach me. 

Comments

Popular Posts