My Door of Inspiration


When I can afford it, I buy original art. Since I won't be buying originals from any of these artists anytime soon, postcards work rather nicely. I pick up these mini paper canvases when I go to an exhibit. It's a nice reminder of the moment. I started a couple of years ago with Mary Blair but the collection has grown to include Frida Kahlo, Yuri Norstein, Francesca Yarbusova, JMW Turner, Vincent Van Gogh, Corita Kent and Salvador Dali. 

Not pictured but another wall holds Marc Davis from the Disney Museum. My kitchen walls and cabinet doors (both inside and out) include work by my son, Tristan, Juliana Coles, Lynne Hoppe, Roseann Cazares, Suki Moon Pie along with several others. 

I also started collecting magnets from the exhibits that I visit as well. I love filling my little home with art as much as possible.

Comments

Popular Posts