He's Off


It's here. Already. The first day of senior year! I write this with a tear in my eye, a lump in my throat and a smile on my face. I will miss him all day and cherish him when he gets home. I'm proud of my boy and all that he is becoming on his journey.

(This is the first picture that I've posted on my blog of him without his braces. They came off last week. He still has a bit of a challenge ahead with them (not just the retainers but his bone structure) so cross your fingers and think good thoughts. He took excellent care of his teeth while he was in braces so I know that he'll do the same out of them.)

"One day when she was two years old she was playing in a garden, and she plucked another flower and ran with it to her mother. I suppose she must have looked rather delightful, for Mrs. Darling put her hand to her heart and cried, ‘Oh, why can’t you remain like this for ever!’ This was all that passed between them on the subject, but henceforth Wendy knew that she must grow up."— J.M. Barrie

“You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.”-Robin Williams

Comments

Jacqui Chimes said…
A lovely photograph - I am mother to an 'only' son - twice yours age! Good luck to your boy as he enters senior year (I guess that would be 6th form here in the UK)
Anonymous said…
He looks a really nice person. You have every reason to be proud. Karen
You made me cry. I love that you love him so much. I know that you know that I know. You're a good mom! He'll be part of your life for many years to come because you've been so careful with him. I know that too. Strength to you. It's all going so well. He looks great with the braces off!

I love your spirit Kelly!

And I'm so sad to lose Robin Williams. He was a perfect kind of crazy who often made good sense of this confusing time and world. A good match for all the insanity we often hear about but can't really confirm while we absorb it.
Good luck to your son!!!!!
lynne h said…
a senior... i can hardly believe it. honestly kelly, i don't know tristan, but i feel proud of him! just from reading your blog! i hope his senior year is a wonderful one!

xoxo
martha brown said…
He looks so grown up ( and his teeth look beautiful) . I have watched him grow up over the years on your blog, and in person over the years -- seeing him here makes me feel so old, lol. I can't wait to see what he does this year -- I have so loved the stop motion films ( keep sharing the links, please! )

Popular Posts