Books, Books, Books

I've been helping my Mom sort through and rearrange things while I'm here. I found a bin with a lot of my papers and artwork from when I grew up. One of the things that I noticed was how many books I made while I was growing up. I remember my first diary (it was a gift from my parents in fourth grade. It had a little lock on it.) I don't remember having made so many books from paper though. Funny how things are.

The next time I'm here, I'm going to try to take pictures of the paper books as I know there are some stored in the Christmas bins. When I was little, I either always had a doll, book or paper and crayons in my hand. If I was lucky, it was all three. I was always drawing and making little things out of paper. Some things haven't changed.

Comments

Seth said…
What a wonderful discovery to see that books have been with you for so long!
laurie said…
I was smiling as I read this post because I was also always reading or drawing as a kid. I made a book when I was 5 titled "When Will Spring Come?" but I don't know where it is today. You're lucky you still have old treasures at your mom's house.
Hi Kelly. I am hoping this message gets to you...for some reason comments and emails have been coming back unsent. ? I can clearly see that I havent changed much either! When I was little, I already loved books, my journals and diaries, new crayons, my aunt, the artist, and paint sets. Wow. My daughter recently told me that she read somewhere that what we love to do at age five, stays with us. Hugs, kath

Popular Posts