What You'll Find Here

I post daily (photos of my journal pages, things that inspire me and personal bits and pieces) to inspire and encourage others. I have always believed that if I can do it, so can you.

You'll find resources (my favorite supplies, books, slideshows of my art journal pages, favorite bloggers, etc...) listed along the right hand side of my blog.

I've been teaching both in person and online workshops for almost twenty years now. You can find out more about my classes by scrolling down along the right hand side of my blog. I strive to make classes accessible to everyone (both beginner to advanced).

I love teaching and truly believe that deep down inside everyone is an artist, capable of creating something. There is power and knowledge in the act of creating something with your own hands, made from your own heart and head.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at EGorey99@sbcglobal.net

Thanks for stopping by!

-Kelly

Friday, February 28, 2014

17 January 2014 Journal Page


"I really do want to be more present. I want to be here even when it hurts."-Something I wrote on the above page. Something I've said often.

Kay asked me if I worked on the table or the floor. I work on the floor because I can spread out more. That said, if I had a table that was larger and that was at standing height, I'd be working there, too. I like to be able to move around a lot as I work and sitting on the floor allows me to move my legs around (as does standing at a table.) Just me and my weirdness. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly - Love the page you posted Feb 28 - your January 17 page.
I love the blue and yellow together. It has inspired me to work more with blue and yellow, being from a scandinavian place - Minnesota, I am used to seeing these colors overused in a particular "scandinavian" way. For some reason your combo and everything else you put together on your page made me see blue and yellow differently - Thanks! Curious about your yellow roses - did you cut them out? I love to cut things out and I am impressed with how perfect they are. Thanks as always for the regular inspiration. You're the best!
Pam (from Mpls)

Kelly Kilmer said...

Hi Pam,

Thanks for the kind words! I didn't cut the roses out on this particular page. :)
I know what you mean about certain color combinations. I'm happy that the page inspired you. :)

Kelly Kilmer said...

Hi Pam,

Thanks for the kind words! I didn't cut the roses out on this particular page. :)
I know what you mean about certain color combinations. I'm happy that the page inspired you. :)