What I'm Reading

Comments

PeggySu said…
"The Pure Gold Baby" -- Margaret Drabble's latest. A few years ago she said she wasn't going to write any more novels and I was thrilled that turned out not to be true. She and I are almost the same age so I feel I've grown up with her. In this novel she describes a lot of incidents from when the narrator and her friends were younger and it brings back a lot of good memories and insights into how things have changed -- both in the external world and as a result of aging.
Anonymous said…
Kelly, I am reading Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials, and am now on the third volume. It is about parallel universes, consciousness and a world where the peoples souls are visible to one another in the form of an animal.

I have also just finished reading May Sarton's Journal of a solitude. This is really beautifully written. Next, I will be reading Warhorse and then The Ice Palace, written by a Norwegian about 30 years ago. It is about 2 children who go into a palace made of ice and go missing (I think). Karenxx
Barb Smith said…
I am in the beginning of Living Artfully by Sandra Magsamen, recommended to me by someone in the artsy world (I forgot who, yikes!) and for my fiction fix, the newest John Grisham, Sycamore Row. I can't even count the magazines stacked by the bed, either. Oh, how I do love to read.
Peace & Love,
Barb
Desert Mermaid said…
Pearl, John Steinbeck
Make Your Creative Dreams Real, Sark
Anya, Susan Fromberg Schaeffer
Before Your Sleep, Linn Ullmann
Teresa R said…
Johnathan Cahn's Harbinger
Renee Swope's A Confident Heart
Kelly Kilmer said…
Oooh! Thank you for all of these! :)

Popular Posts