What You'll Find Here

I post daily (photos of my journal pages, things that inspire me and personal bits and pieces) to inspire and encourage others. I have always believed that if I can do it, so can you.

You'll find resources (my favorite supplies, books, slideshows of my art journal pages, favorite bloggers, etc...) listed along the right hand side of my blog.

I've been teaching both in person and online workshops for over seventeen years now. You can find out more about my classes by scrolling down along the right hand side of my blog. I strive to make classes accessible to everyone (both beginner to advanced).

I love teaching and truly believe that deep down inside everyone is an artist, capable of creating something. There is power and knowledge in the act of creating something with your own hands, made from your own heart and head.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at EGorey99@sbcglobal.net

Thanks for stopping by!

-Kelly

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Publication Love (New Books, Magazines and a Contest Winner!)


Congrats to Trish Quilty who is the winner of Melody Nunez's An Altered Existence. Thanks to all who entered and to Melody for being so generous! I am really enjoying Melody's book!!
I have a few other goodies to share with you today. I teased you the other day about waiting for a new book to arrive. Well, it's here and I'm over the moon about it. Gestalten is one of my favorite publishers and when I heard about A Map of the World, my interest was piqued. The box arrived yesterday and I haven't stopped flipping through the pages since it arrived. It is truly stunning. You can see more of the book here.

Speaking of great publications, the new issues of Flow and Darling are due to hit the newsstands in early April. I ordered Flow and I'm debating between ordering Darling as a subscription vs buying it from one of my favorite indie bookstores, Skylight in Los Feliz. Either way, I'll be holding it in my hands soon.  

Here's my current wishlist on Amazon. What books are on yours?

3 comments:

Daisy Yellow said...

Thanks for the tip, just ordered Flow. We need an indie bookstore!

trish quilty said...

Kelly I am so excited about winning the book. It looks so intriquing. I collect cabinet cards, so am anxious to see the art.
will send address. :)

Melody M. Nunez said...

Trish: Congratulations!
Kelly: Thank you again for hosting this giveaway. I look forward to receiving Trish's mailing address so I can mail her book out. :)