What You'll Find Here

I post daily (photos of my journal pages, things that inspire me and personal bits and pieces) to inspire and encourage others. I have always believed that if I can do it, so can you.

You'll find resources (my favorite supplies, books, slideshows of my art journal pages, favorite bloggers, etc...) listed along the right hand side of my blog.

I've been teaching both in person and online workshops for almost twenty years now. You can find out more about my classes by scrolling down along the right hand side of my blog. I strive to make classes accessible to everyone (both beginner to advanced).

I love teaching and truly believe that deep down inside everyone is an artist, capable of creating something. There is power and knowledge in the act of creating something with your own hands, made from your own heart and head.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at EGorey99@sbcglobal.net

Thanks for stopping by!

-Kelly

Sunday, March 10, 2013

14 December 2012 Journal Page


A good morning with a couple of friends. Lots of journal time. A trip to the Larchmont Farmers Market. Time spent reading The Ghost and Mrs. Muir (yes, it was a book and yes, the film did a fabulous job with it. I could watch it every time it's on TV. I am loving the book. No, I've never seen the tv show.) Listening to Old Time Radio and Snap Judgment. More journal time. A day with my boys. All in all, it's a good way to spend a Sunday. I hope that your weekend is going well.

Though I still do not like Daylight Saving Time (if you know me, this has been my whining for the past few days.) I hope that your body acclimates to it better than mine does!

5 comments:

Monica said...

It really bothers me and I now have only the "difficult" clocks to change. So tomorrow I will be up far to early and crabby by nightfall. What a stupid idea.

Natasha said...

Our daylight savings is about to end. But I always hate when it starts. The extra hour they steal from me seems to make a huge difference! I an glad I am not the only one who whines about it!

Sounds like a very contented Sunday!

sharon said...

I love that it stays light out so much longer here, I can work in the garden longer which I love, but my body loves the night, and i never sleep enough, so it kills me to lose an hour! I will drag all week.
I love your page and how you have created the movement with the arches.I have never been much of a pink person, but the more I visit here, the more the box in my mind is opening, it's growing on me!

Rita A. said...

Thank heavens we don't do DST in Arizona. We got something right. I love the partial arc on this page. It really moved my eyes around.

Kate Burroughs said...

I am sooooo happy to be in Hawaii where we do NOT practice Daylight Savings Time. So we are now 3 hours behind Pacific Time, instead of 2. Lovely not to have to adjust. The sunrise/sunset time changes of its own accord, as the sun changes its position.
Aloha, Kate