What You'll Find Here

I post daily (photos of my journal pages, things that inspire me and personal bits and pieces) to inspire and encourage others. I have always believed that if I can do it, so can you.

You'll find resources (my favorite supplies, books, slideshows of my art journal pages, favorite bloggers, etc...) listed along the right hand side of my blog.

I've been teaching both in person and online workshops for almost twenty years now. You can find out more about my classes by scrolling down along the right hand side of my blog. I strive to make classes accessible to everyone (both beginner to advanced).

I love teaching and truly believe that deep down inside everyone is an artist, capable of creating something. There is power and knowledge in the act of creating something with your own hands, made from your own heart and head.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at EGorey99@sbcglobal.net

Thanks for stopping by!

-Kelly

Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Rub-On Letter and Number Transfer Sheets

It's no secret that I love type in all forms but there is a super soft spot in my heart for rub-on letter and number sheets (a.k.a. Letraset sheets.) Several years ago when I trekked to Vancouver, my Dad took a group of us to Ruby Dog's Art House. I found the motherload of rub-on letter sheets. I bought as many as I could and have been hoarding, I mean, USING them ever since. 

A couple of weeks ago I decided to contact Leanne (owner of Ruby Dog's Art House) to ask if she still had any more for sale. She does! I ordered a few for classes (as well as for me) and they arrived the other day. I LOVE them. 

Some things you should know-

-The sheets don't always transfer perfectly. It's one of the things that I love about them. I love that grunge look that you get when you just randomly transfer letters. I also like using them to spell out words, etc... Mostly I tend to use them haphazardly for backgrounds, just transferring the letters with a bone folder onto my page.

-The sheets are $3 each plus shipping.

-You can't pick and choose what you want. I LOVED what she sent.

-The sheets are LARGE. They're not the tiny ones in plastic packaging that come in the stores. They're a good size sheet.

-Always store your rub-ons away from heat (they'll dry out) and don't put anything heavy on top of them (sometimes the juicy ones will transfer to their backing paper.)


I don't receive anything special for posting this blurb. I am often asked where I get my rub-on letters and numbers and now you know!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You really made me smile, wistfully, as I read this last post Kelly. In 1981, my then-husband and I started a small printing company, and I'd go to our local office supply, where they had drawers full of Letraset and Chartpak "presstype" as we called it. That's where I got addicted to type and typography. I love that it's still out there to buy. Thanks for sharing this!
Lee from South Florida

Kathy, PaperPumpkin said...

Kelly, you really need to stop doing this. First I faint, then I purchase. It's all rather over exciting. And, now I have all of those books I loved...and washi tapes...and the wax pastels...ack.

Sandy said...

Thanks for the info. I love your letter rub ons.

mkayteem said...

Guess what I got in the mail yesterday?! Rub-on sheets from Leanne! Thank you so much for telling us about her and Ruby Dog. She was a delight to deal with and I loved receiving her package lovingly put together with Canadian postage stamps that I can use on a project. Hugs to you Kelly!

Kelly Kilmer said...

Yay! So glad you got them and loved them! I LOVE mine. She's a delight to order from!