What You'll Find Here

I post daily (photos of my journal pages, things that inspire me and personal bits and pieces) to inspire and encourage others. I have always believed that if I can do it, so can you.

You'll find resources (my favorite supplies, books, slideshows of my art journal pages, favorite bloggers, etc...) listed along the right hand side of my blog.

I've been teaching both in person and online workshops for almost twenty years now. You can find out more about my classes by scrolling down along the right hand side of my blog. I strive to make classes accessible to everyone (both beginner to advanced).

I love teaching and truly believe that deep down inside everyone is an artist, capable of creating something. There is power and knowledge in the act of creating something with your own hands, made from your own heart and head.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at EGorey99@sbcglobal.net

Thanks for stopping by!


Sunday, July 01, 2012

22 May 2012 Journal Page

A few people asked what I used on the pages of my "Compendium of Visual Delights" journal. I used a variety of mediums including acrylics, watercolors, gouache, watercolor crayons, various pens (especially Sakura Glaze, Sakura Souffle, Pilot Latte, Uniball Signo Broad and my favorite .35 Rapidosketch pen), transparencies, stickers, rub-ons and rubber stamps. This is a special two day class that I won't be offering online but hope to teach it later on this year in Arizona and possibly Northern California again. 

FYI, Barnes and Noble online has a 10 pack of the Sakura Glaze pens for $8.47 (free shipping if you spend $25.) They have them on the site on two separate listings one is for full price $23 and the other is the sale price: Gelly Roll Glaze Decorative Art Pens set of 10. I ordered some for classes a week ago and they came fast. My local shops didn't have them in stock. If you have a membership, the price goes down a little bit more. Just a small heads up for you fellow pen freaks out there! I go through Glaze and Souffle pens like they're going out of style!


Maryjo Mcgraw said...

Its so good to see you are so busy teaching! I love to check in on your blog and see whats up.

Sandy said...

Great page. I wish I could take this workshop live. Glad your schedule is filling up.

Sue Marrazzo said...

Hi Kelly...'Love your work! Your journals are cool!!!! I am a mixed media PA artist and a new Blogger. I'm gonna follow your blog...
If you can, check my Blog..Thx!

mkayteem on scs said...

Thanks for the enabling. I just bought 3 packs of the pens so I could get free shipping. I may need a 12-step program.... LOL!