New Books

This week is turning out to be a bountiful one for new books. On Tuesday the mailman brought me the latest Paumes book, Paris Deco Ideas. I scored big time at my favorite used bookstore last night (Iliad in North Hollywood) with two books (one of which I've been waiting to find in my used bookstore travels and the other hasn't even come out yet!)

Paris Deco Ideas- It's no secret that I am a huge fan of these little books from Paumes in Japan which I can't even read. The latest title isn't an exception. I LOVE the new size (they've shrunk the book down and plumped it out. It's so dang cute in its new little square size.) They've also changed the layout of the photos. There are more larger photos (on average no more than three to four photos per page though the most on a page are six) and fewer words. It cracks me up that the chapters are in English yet the majority of words in the book are in Japanese. It is everything that I love about Paumes books: pure. eye. candy. 

 Instant Love: How to Make Magic and Memories with Polaroids-I was super excited to find this book last night (the weird thing is that I went to the shelf specifically looking for it, knowing that it wasn't out yet and it was sitting right there.) I have not had a chance to actually read it yet but I have flipped through the book several times. I LOVE the photos and am hoping that the book gives me some new ideas on ways to look at picture taking. I am also stalking the bookstore shelves for Susanah Conway's upcoming book, This I know.

Masters: Art Quilts-I've been waiting to find this book in my travels and for $10 last night I couldn't leave it there. I am a big fan of the Masters series and this one doesn't disappoint. I am not a quilter nor do I work with fabric but I love seeing ideas and translating them into something that I can do with paper. This book is pure inspiration and I can't wait to find a spot on my bookshelf for it.

Interested in seeing what new books I'm keeping an eye out for? Here's a link to my Amazon wishlist. What new books are you excited about?

Comments

Tricia said…
You scored BIG time.....yay!! The book you are waiting for looks like something I would love to get my hands on. Happy reading!
Anonymous said…
Great score! I have several of the same books on my wishlist as yours as well as one by Tama Kieves
Anonymous said…
Kelly

I am excited about the book that one day I hope you will do!!!!
Karen xx
Kelly Kilmer said…
Karen,
:)
If I ever do anything, it will be self published and not a how to. ;) Thanks for the kind words!

Popular Posts