What You'll Find Here

I post daily (photos of my journal pages, things that inspire me and personal bits and pieces) to inspire and encourage others. I have always believed that if I can do it, so can you.

You'll find resources (my favorite supplies, books, slideshows of my art journal pages, favorite bloggers, etc...) listed along the right hand side of my blog.

I've been teaching both in person and online workshops for almost twenty years now. You can find out more about my classes by scrolling down along the right hand side of my blog. I strive to make classes accessible to everyone (both beginner to advanced).

I love teaching and truly believe that deep down inside everyone is an artist, capable of creating something. There is power and knowledge in the act of creating something with your own hands, made from your own heart and head.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at EGorey99@sbcglobal.net

Thanks for stopping by!


Sunday, December 04, 2011

Shopping at Kinokuniya

I had a great time teaching in Simi Valley (huge thanks to Janet, Darcy and Kathy.)

On the way home I made a big detour to downtown Los Angeles to shop at Kinokuniya. I hadn't been there in a long time. I scored big time! I am always looking for tiny alphabet and number sets and they had these. Yay! I also bought some more washi tape in colors that I was running low on. As a "bonus", they threw in the parking validation stamp. I guess that I'll be making a trip back there this week. *Rolls eyes*

I wanted to say a very big thanks to all of you who have signed up for my new online class, Revel in the Moment. I am excited about it!! Just so you know, the class information will be available on or before December 22, 2011. I am aiming for as early as possible. You do NOT have to take the class at any specific time. It is an open class in e-book form. You can sign up and the materials are completely downloadable and printable (or readable on your e-reader.) It is a work at your own pace class. Start and finish when you want. I'm around if you need me and I will check in with the group in a regular basis. I always answer email. Questions, you can email me.

Have a great week!


Sandy said...

I love everything. Are those new pen colors? They are so bright and pretty. I love the tiny stamps too. Glad you had a good trip to the store.

Liz said...

I love your blog and your work...been checking in for a while. I can't help but comment on your search for small font stamps. Michael's Crafts has great small font sets in their dollar section (next to their dollar ribbon bin) for...yep, a dollar! They probably carry about 20 different styles. $20 bucks...can't beat that!!

Kelly Kilmer said...

Hi Liz,

Thanks for stopping by. I should clarify what I'm looking for. I have some of the dollar sets. The stamps I am forever searching out are minuscule compared to the $1 stamps! They aren't even a 1/4 of that size! :)

I am an alphabet and number stamp nut so I'm always looking for cool stamps in different fonts and sizes (especially tiny). There is one made from a company in Korea that I have spent years searching for!! :) I haven't given up hope yet!

Thanks for stopping by!! Have a great day! Kelly

Kelly Kilmer said...

Ugh! Sorry! Not awake yet! I meant to say a super tiny stamp set made in MALAYSIA that I have spent years searching for!

Liz said...

Wow~ You aren't kidding about TINY then because I just measured a set of my $1 sets and they are 1/4" x 1/4". Either way, love your blog. I have pondered several times taking one of your Oakland classes. Not sure when you are in town next but may need to sign up. ;-)

Kelly Kilmer said...

Hi Liz,

I'll be back in No CA in Fremont, Feb 10-12th. I'll have class information up very soon. I hope to see you!

Kelly Kilmer said...

Hi Sandy,

They're aqualip, the Japanese version of Sakura Glaze. I was running low on those colors. :)

I can't wait to use the stamps! There are several vendors selling them on etsy under tiny or small alphabet and or number sets. :)