8 November 2011 Journal Page

I showed you the original page before:
Here's the finished page:
I love layering with paper. Right now, my heart belongs to collage. I am always excited at the possibility of a different outcome and weighing the direction in which to finish off the page. As I tell my students, there isn't a "wrong" way to make a page, only many possibilities and outcomes. It's very interesting when you start to narrow down your choices and see what the page is becoming. I equate it with painting but using paper instead!

*****

I only have a handful of classes left this year. I'm teaching two this weekend in L.A. I'm super excited about this Sunday's class. If you are looking for a class where the main focus IS collage, then get on over to Stampin' From the Heart and sign up for this Sunday's Sacred Place class. We'll spend about 10 minutes making a quick book to hold our work in. The rest of the class will be spent on collage and mixed media techniques. This has been one of my most popular classes and I know that you will love it as much as I do. More here.

*****
Blog Love:
Lynda Barry's Questionnaire that can be used as journal prompts as well!
Some really cool scrapbook pages
roundround at Loveology
A few journal pages from Irene
More art journaling inspiration
The Argento Shot: Everlasting Moments' shot of butterfly's shadow (the best part of the film)
Sumi Ebru Marbling
Papeles Pintados

Comments

Sandy said…
I love this page, the pink and turquoise. Great links too. This year has flown by.
laurie said…
you have made hundreds of journal pages and each is so different! when you get a chance, will you send me the dates you will be in arizona in feb? thanks.

Popular Posts