What You'll Find Here

I post daily (photos of my journal pages, things that inspire me and personal bits and pieces) to inspire and encourage others. I have always believed that if I can do it, so can you.

You'll find resources (my favorite supplies, books, slideshows of my art journal pages, favorite bloggers, etc...) listed along the right hand side of my blog.

I've been teaching both in person and online workshops for almost twenty years now. You can find out more about my classes by scrolling down along the right hand side of my blog. I strive to make classes accessible to everyone (both beginner to advanced).

I love teaching and truly believe that deep down inside everyone is an artist, capable of creating something. There is power and knowledge in the act of creating something with your own hands, made from your own heart and head.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at EGorey99@sbcglobal.net

Thanks for stopping by!

-Kelly

Monday, October 17, 2011

Cinnamon Bread Recipe

I've been on a quest for cinnamon chips (like chocolate chips) since I ate The Best Cinnamon Bread Ever at the Great Harvest Bread Company in South Pasadena (across from Zinnia) several months ago. I have been on a mission to make this bread! Thanks to Karen Hutchinson (owner of Stampin From the Heart in L.A.), I finally found bags of cinnamon chips at Albertson's on Venice Blvd (near Robertson).

3 cups Unbleached All-Purpose Flour

1/2 cup sugar (I used less than that)

2 teaspoons active dry yeast

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1 cup warm milk (I melted the butter and then poured the milk into the pan. Yeah, I'm lazy like that. One less pan to clean!)

1/4 cup butter (melted)

1 egg

1 teaspoon baking powder

1 cup cinnamon baking chips*

In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, yeast, and cinnamon.

In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, butter and egg.

Add milk mixture to flour mixture; beat until smooth.

Cover with a dishpan and let rest for 1 hour in a cool, dry place.

Stir baking powder and cinnamon chips into batter.

Pour batter into a greased loaf pan.

If desired, sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. (I sprinkled just cinnamon onto mine.)

Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.

Let cool in pan for five minutes before removing.

Devour, I mean eat, as soon as possible! This bread is best warm (in my small opinion). We ate ours within ten minutes of removing it from the oven.

*If you can't find cinnamon chips, I would just add more cinnamon to the mixture and stir it up! I've often added cinnamon to vanilla cake mixture. It just makes everything yummier!

I will be making this bread again!

3 comments:

Artzy Diva said...

Oh YUM! That looks and sounds fabulous!!!! Would go perfect with the cup of Earl Grey I have by my side. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Sandy said...

This sounds great. Thanks for the recipe.

Taylor schapiro said...

Sounds delish