Personal Mythologies, special two day class in L.A.

I'm very happy to announce that I will be teaching a special two day class, Personal Mythologies, at Stampin From The Heart in L.A., the weekend of July 2nd and 3rd. Yes, I know it's 4th of July weekend, but what a better time to take advantage of a rare three day weekend and spend two of those days making art?

Class time is Sat, July 2nd 10:30-5

Sun, July 3rd Noon to 4:30

There will be tons of techniques, ideas, food to nibble on and lots of inspiration!

There is a slideshow below and I am bringing the sample to class this Sunday for you to see. If you have any questions, please email me. To sign up, please phone 310-391-0466. Space is limited.

Personal Mythologies

Every time we crack open a journal, we are telling our own unique story.

In this very special two day workshop, you will learn not only how to create your very own personal journal made by your own hands but also how to express yourself fully and in the moment upon the pages of your newly bound book.

You will work in your journal both days. I will be teaching you a variety of techniques, ideas and prompts to use in your journal. You will have lots of instructional time but also between each idea, I allow for guided play time, but I do teach both days. The second day is not a play day.

Expect to learn: bookbinding and constructing a personal journal, choosing a journal that fits you, making a journal your own, mixed media collage, composition, design, pen work, layering, journaling, self expression (how do I say what I want to say), making a page work and much, much more.

Be prepared to walk out with a new journal, several pages completed, a detailed handout and your head (and heart) bursting with inspiration, new ideas, possibilities and the knowledge that you can successfully express yourself in journal form! You will love this journal and this experience!

Supply list: A hardcover book (any size) to use as the journal (note, we will be tearing pages out of our books and sharing some of our pages in class). I will have some books for you to use, but in case you have a book you’d really like to use, please bring it. Scissors, small selection of favorite collage ephemera, bone folder, cork back metal ruler, roll of waxed paper, roll of paper towels, permanent black inkpad, container to hold water, 1" brushes to glue (I like chip or bristle brushes), a few of your favorite glue sticks

If you want to bring food to share in a communal meal, that would be lovely. We will have lots of munchies to nibble on as you work!



I hope to see you there!

Comments

Desert Mermaid said…
ACK!!! this just makes me drool, Kelly, big runny slobber rivulets down my chin!!! What a theme! What a THEME!!!! have a blast with this class, you and all those blessed wimmens who will be there!
You so rock, true story!

Toni

Popular Posts