What You'll Find Here

I post daily (photos of my journal pages, things that inspire me and personal bits and pieces) to inspire and encourage others. I have always believed that if I can do it, so can you.

You'll find resources (my favorite supplies, books, slideshows of my art journal pages, favorite bloggers, etc...) listed along the right hand side of my blog.

I've been teaching both in person and online workshops for almost twenty years now. You can find out more about my classes by scrolling down along the right hand side of my blog. I strive to make classes accessible to everyone (both beginner to advanced).

I love teaching and truly believe that deep down inside everyone is an artist, capable of creating something. There is power and knowledge in the act of creating something with your own hands, made from your own heart and head.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at EGorey99@sbcglobal.net

Thanks for stopping by!

-Kelly

Sunday, January 23, 2011

22 December 2010 journal page

Blog Love:
Rebekka Seale
My teacups in peony
Life @ 1521
Marisa Cherie

4 comments:

TwoHeartsPath said...

Love this journal entry.....Beautiful as Usual....and blog love.... My teacups in peony....Love it...TFS Hugs Patti

Marcia said...

Nice pages as always! I have a couple questions for you:

1. What kind of sketchbook do you use that takes the collage elements well? I keep finding my papers wrinkling. argh!

2. Where do you find the time to check out all those blogs!? fun fun.

Kelly Kilmer said...

Thanks, Patti!

Thanks, Marcia!

I make my own journals from hand using 140 lb wausau exact index cardstock. If your pages are warping, you can try putting the paint or glue on with a thin, lighter touch and build up thin layers of paint. Also, try painting front and back of the papers.

I usually sit down for a few hours one day a week and go through blogs. I've been using my phone a lot to do my online work and reserving sit down time for the laptop to only a couple of hours a week. I can flip through blogs pretty fast. Some I read, some I look at pictures. I have over 400 blogs in my google reader but again, I don't read all of them. :) I love being able to lie in bed and read my blogs on my phone. Some I bookmark to go back to later. I hop from blog to blog. I love reading the blogs in a reader. So much easier!

I love blogs and seeing the different things that people do all over the world.

marisa said...

Thanks for the blog love! Seriously, so sweet of you! <3